$100 Brew Money- Which would you get?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A deal killer on my part as shipping is over $62 for me besides the add states;
"which includes brands (Cornelius, Firestone & Spartanburg".

Being in California with CHI plus all Cornelius kegs not a mix of brands i'll stay with Matt on this one as well regulators and other brewing equipment they have available in the future for my needs. Will this ebay "but it now" take back and replace a keg with the top or bottom loose and flapping? Just something to think about.

At one time there was someone in North or South Carolina that was selling Corny's for $17.50 each last year. I believe this was the partner that splintered off from The CHI Company in not a friendly split.

A deal killer on my part as shipping is over $62 for me besides the add states;
"which includes brands (Cornelius, Firestone & Spartanburg".

Being in California with CHI plus all Cornelius kegs not a mix of brands i'll atay with Matt on this one as well regulators and other brewing equipment they have available. Will this ebay "but it now" take back and replace a keg with the top or bottom loose and flapping? Just something to think about.

At one time there was someone in North or South Carolina that was selling Corny's for $17.50 each last year. I believe this was the partner that splintered off from The CHI Company in not a friendly split.

I understand on the shipping thing. I think it was about $30 to get them to me. The ad does say:

"If you are unhappy with these kegs for any reason, I will fix the problem."

As for the brands, as long as they are the Pepsi ball lock style I'm OK.

Did you ask if you have a choice in color of the rubber ends of their corny's?
My friend has every color of rubber ended corny's ever made, his collection looks kind of crappy. The problem was he never asked for any one color if a choice were available just jumped on the cheapest prices with some that the rubber ends are seperating. Another problem to deal with unless you purchase the single stainless handled corny's. Some people like it this way for identifying what's in their corny's at a quick glance the different colors. I have all black ends and just use a jumbo marking pen on each corny for contents, dates and what was added if changed off the normal ingredients used or the deviation from my records or modifications to the brew.

This seller sounds like a straight person, have you checked his feedback record?
You might of found a good source of corn'y plus cheap shipping also which is half the deal.
I'm lucky dealing with a large company that is also close to me as well his corny's priced right and in top condition. The communication with the owner
Matt at CHI is first class with every order from him, I want him to have my money as the quality and price of his Corny's the past 6 orders has been great. I'm just lucky I do not live where the shipping costs a lot more than the item.

I will send him an email today and ask about the colors. As far as feedback he's sittin pretty at 100%.

I checked out the CHI site this morning, and if the deal falls through with this eBay guy I will definitely go with Matt. I think shipping for 4 kegs is just over $48 from Cali to South Eastern VA.

I'd go with the march pump and use your existing chiller. Then, get the copper for a 50' chiller and use the ends from your existing chiller. Super happy with the 3/8" 50' chiller I have now.

Then save money and get kegs at a later date. I picked up a pallet of 20 from pedalbiker for under $300, including freight. I'm stocked up with more than I'll ever need at a really good price. :D

Couldn't you just buy enough copper to convert your 25 to a 50? If you are going to make 10 gallon batches you need a 50' IC. Then get 2 kegs.

I suppose, but coppertubingsales.com's smallest size is a 50 ft role for $35.60 (1/2" OD). So for that price, I might as well just make a whole 50 ft IC.

I'd be worried about oxidation with that. We use those at my work place.

Everything I do is gravity fed. I don't own an autosiphon. All of my fermenters (6 gallons and 5 gallons) are ported with valves/racking adapters.

I will send him an email today and ask about the colors. As far as feedback he's sittin pretty at 100%.

I checked out the CHI site this morning, and if the deal falls through with this eBay guy I will definitely go with Matt. I think shipping for 4 kegs is just over $48 from Cali to South Eastern VA.

When you think about it $12 a corny or $48 for four from the maximum distance of left to right coast that isn't that expensive.
The quality of CHI's corny's more than makes up for the shipping.
IMO.

Just an update on this...

After cooling my last batch of 12 gallons wort with my 25 ft IC to 70°F in 30 min (in 85°F ambient air temp and with constant swirling of the IC) and realizing my fermentation/lagering chest freezer can hold 2 cornies in addition to 2 Better Bottles... I went with the cornies. I now have 8.:ban: So I can secondary/lager in cornies and keep multiple batches in my chest freezer.

And a side note... my 2nd experience with KegConnection proves that they are awesome!

Nice deal. I have 11 cornies, I doubt I'll need more until I move somewhere else or the wife lets me turn the basement into a pub ;). Yeah, it's nice having extras, though...my poor 5 gallon glass carboys are so lonely, because they just never get used anymore. Sad. I should just brew 8 gallons and split it up between them or something.

Still, though...next time you get some scrilla to drop on brew stuff, I highly recommend the march pump + whirlpool IC setup. Me, I got a hundred bucks from the inlaws for my b-day recently, which they demanded I only spend on brew stuff...so I got me a beer gun. Nothing better than cash dedicated solely to brew junk...

I have to say go with the cornies and stock up while you can. I have a 6 month old now and I think I have made two batches since he was born...

I would think you could upgrade your IC and get to Perlicks for close to $100. say $40 for the IC using your quote plus any additional fittings and $70 for the Perlicks. The cost for the Perlicks is just based on what I've read they cost.

Back