100' of 3/16 Beer Hose, now what??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

d_ozz68

Reaction score
I just received my order of 100' of 3/16 hose from McMaster-Carr and would like some advice on how to clean and sanitize if before using.

Do people find it be easier to clean and sanitize the entire 100' roll at once or to cut it to size first? My first piece will be aprx. 30' to dispense my soda water. Also, do I even need to "clean" it first or would a good rinse with Star San take care of everything? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Beer line doesn't need to be sanitized. I would clean it though, cut it to length and soak it in oxyclean. After beer has been through it, I strongly recommend a beerline cleaner, works much better.

_

Thanks for the replies. As soon as I figure out if the hose is going to work for me or not I will cut off 30' feet and give it a good soak in oxyclean.

Thanks again!

I typically run scalding hot water through my new lines, then straight to the beer!

Back