You've got to be kidding me!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BBKing

Reaction score
Here it is, my sons first birthday today and I'm sick as a dog.

Crazy sore throat, pounding headache, body chills and a 101 degree temp. I really really feel like a horses ass.

What else is awesome is that friday I had a tooth taken out, and the crater left behind smells like a horses ass.

Now I get to go to Grandmas where we're having the b-day party and smile and act happy and cheerful and try not to breath in anyones face.

And to add insult to injury, I took the plunge and bought a friggin $16 pint of Hoppin Frogs Hop Dam last night planning to drink it today. So much for that.

Gonna be a long day :drunk:

Hmmm... I'm thinking the tooth issue has something to do with your current condition. I'd get myself back to the dentist ASAP (or urgent care center if you can't get to a dentist today). Might have an infection. Don't mess around with that.

Hope you feel better soon.

The symptoms plus odor from the pulled tooth area would lead me to believe you indeed have an infection. Call your dentist as soon as possible s you can get on some antibiotics.

I've considered the infection thing, however the saving grace in my mind is that I woke up Friday morning with the sore throat, headache and some chills. They just seem to have crept up on me again today.

But you guys are right...infection isnt anything to deal with so if it continues, I will go see a doctor tomorrow.

On the plus side, my headache is gone and so are the chills.

Do not mess around with an infection and it really sounds like you have one! These are the things that can travel to your heart and infect your heart sack. Please, please go to the doctor!

I've considered the infection thing, however the saving grace in my mind is that I woke up Friday morning with the sore throat, headache and some chills. They just seem to have crept up on me again today.

But you guys are right...infection isnt anything to deal with so if it continues, I will go see a doctor tomorrow.

On the plus side, my headache is gone and so are the chills.
The infection could be the cause of the chills, etc...

Update:

Feel 100% better.

No chills, headache, or sore throat and zero swelling of my jaw.
The major test is going to be waking up tomorrow and seeing how I feel. If I feel ****ty then its totally doctor time.

The infection could be the cause of the chills, etc...

Upon reflection I didnt make it clear in my last post.

I had the chills (slightly) Friday morning about 9 hours before I went to the dentist, which is the only reason that I dont believe 100% that this is all caused by an infection.

Tomorrow is my cut-off though. If I feel fine I feel fine, but if I dont I go to a doctor.

Lol, hell I'll already be in the ER for my mandatory 8 hours for my EMT Basic class.

Cool. Glad you're feeling better.

I'd still at least call the dentist and ask what's up with the tooth socket issues.

Back