Your SCOBY's Name

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JawZziff

Reaction score
Yesterday I bought my first SCOBY from a lady off of kijiji (like Craigs list) she told me I had to give my SCOBY a name and that hers was called SCOBY-Wan-Kenobi.

Therefore I have decided to name mine SCOBY-Steve! What's your SCOBY's name?

I call my SCOBY DEAD! Cuz I killed it. Actually, it wasn't dead. It was just infested with fly worms. I "washed" it with vinegar twice and started making a new batch and then decided I couldn't get over the maggot thing, so I threw it into my compost.

I love Kombucha and after I get my furnace fixed, I suppose I'll give Bucha another shot, along with fermented Kraut and Kimchi.

My SWMBO named mine PITA! Because it sits on top of the fridge and she has to look at my kombucha bucket..LOL

I was gonna name it after my SWMBO just because it makes me feel so good. But she went and ruined that the the whole PITA thing..LOL

So long story short..Mine is nameless to date.

Cheers
Jay

this thread is where i started when needing a name, you made me find the perfect name for mine Lady Cassandra, any Dr. Who fans?

latest

Back