You load 16 tuns, what do you get?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I remember when that song was popular. Moreso since I'm the coal miner's son. Pop worked the mine with my uncles down in Angiene,WVA. We both wound up at Ford in the foundry. My version was more like this;
Ya cast 1600. What'ya get? Hot,dirty,& deeper in debt. St Peter don'tcha call me 'cause I can't go...I owe my soul to FoMoCo....So I grabbed my shovel & walked to the line. Stuff pilin up all the time. Shoveled a whole mountain of that old sea coal,The line boss said,"well bless my soul"...:mug:

I was born one mornin' when the sun didn't shine
I knew it wouldn't skunk and I didn't wine
I loaded sixteen tuns with number 2-row
And SWMBO said "Well, a-bless my soul"

Weeeel,when ya see me brewin,better step aside. A lotta folks didn't,lotta them died. One hand with an old iron paddle,the other of steel,if the right one don't get'cha then the left one will!

I was born one mornin it was drizzlin' rain
I thought mashing in today would be a pain
Is the sparge today by batchin' or flyin'
Better go check the recipe online

That's a fantastic song. If anyone on the board is willing to sing these bedraggled lyrics, they should record and post for us all! Kyle

I would most definitely play the song while doughing in, and spent most of the morning humming it. I wonder if there's a karaoke of it anywhere. I've made parodies of pop songs before and use karaoke versions as the background. Anyone, anyone?

Back