You know its September when...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why September?? I brewed a brown ale in July, finished it a few days ago. And brewed my Russian Imperial Stout 3 weeks ago. It will be ready in ~6 months. Brewed another brown ale last week!!!

I never have brewed by season. I brew what I want, when I want.

Wow, that was a strangely harsh reply...

I'm just trying to spread my brewing happiness! :mug:

In my case, it's:

You Know It's September When.....

...the local Oktoberfest celebrations begin! (first one is tonight).

I turn on the TV and see Jim Harbaugh wearing a sweatshirt tucked into some walmart Khakis...

There's dark wort in the lines!

Happy fall brewing everyone!
All this excitement and you don't even tell us what it is!?
Just kegged a stout the other day, had been craving a stout for some reason even though I'm not much of a seasonal-type drinker. Can't wait for hoodie weather to really kick in.

I have an american porter on tap and I"m coconut'ting another porter, and I have an american amber dryhopping that's going on tap this weekend.

I'll be brewing something up this weekend too! Happy Fall, yall.

All this excitement and you don't even tell us what it is!?
Just kegged a stout the other day, had been craving a stout for some reason even though I'm not much of a seasonal-type drinker. Can't wait for hoodie weather to really kick in.

It's an octoberfest that I'm brewing with ale yeast. No lagering fridge yet 😞

You know it's September when you have canned pumpkin, brown sugar and pumpkin pie spice in your grocery cart for that pumpkin ale in October. And when the kids are back in school...jury is still out on which is better.

There's dark wort in the lines!

Happy fall brewing everyone!

Fall?

It's spring brewing time here. The days are getting warmer and longer. The lager brewing weather is over. Time for some pale ales and wheat beers.

Also, you know it's September in Aussie when it's footy finals time.....lots of beer drinking to be done!

I live in Southwest Florida. Is it September? I wouldn't know. The weather is the same as July and August.

As for styles and seasons, I'm more likely to brew the opposite of the conventional wisdom so that I can drink what's NOT on the shelves. For instance, it won't be time for a stout until January or so, because then I can drink it when my stock of Brooklyn Black Chocolate will have run out.

Spring & the first half of summer were wet & downright chilly around here. So I brewed up version 3 of my whiskely stout. It's a dry stout that's a lil harsh with the dryness mixing with the American white oak. Should've toasted the oak. Like french roast iced coffee without the roasty harshness. Gonna do a sweet stout with lactose for version 4 soon.
Well, the @#$@#%$^UPS driver went the wrong way around our cul de sac where you can't see the house numbers on the mailbox yesterday. The only driver in the 15 years since we built the house to do so. Now my yeast, DME, hops & grains are sitting in a hot truck in Elyria till Tuesday. 25.2lbs of it for IIPA & English ordinary bitter. Dammit, Beavis! :mad::smack:

Wow, that was a strangely harsh reply...

I'm just trying to spread my brewing happiness! :mug:

Sorry for the harshness, just meant to say that brewing darker beers need not be seasonal.

As far as it being fall. I don't yet see any difference other than a date on a calendar. It got cool yesterday but is supposed to get hot again for the beginning of the week!

Happy Brewing!!

I have an american porter on tap and I"m coconut'ting another porter, and I have an american amber dryhopping that's going on tap this weekend.

I'll be brewing something up this weekend too! Happy Fall, yall.

What do you think is the ideal method of imparting coconut flavor into beer? I'm making a vanilla porter and the thought crossed my mind to also add coconut.

Back