You goof balls need to pick out a gift for my wife...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
does it have anything to do with gaming? ... online or otherwise (not gambling but game-playing).

Is it for your RV?

Tricky to answer - but hats off for paying attention in the drunk thread to know that an RV is involved in our lives.

The answer to this question is in two parts:

1. It is not inherently related to the RV or camping.
2. In our case, it will be used while RV-ing.

I think that was question 8

Oh no, Im not participating on the what did you really get your wife part.

That was a suggestion for what the Op could get his wife for Christmas.

Numerous possibilities there really, the suit her, the swing, the dude, the suit for him. etc.

Ok, here’s what we know so far .....

goofy ... nearly as goofy as something like fishing tackle
wife specified she wanted it
obscure (or at least obscure as a gift)
usually practical woman might mean practical gift
smaller than a breadbox
gender neutral in todays society
can be, or is used outdoors
will be used while RV’ing but not specifically made just for it
it uses electricity

not made of precious metal (gold, silver etc)
not edible
not involved with gaming
not anything ever living
not the wetsuit you would wear to be catapulted into a vat of ice cold jagermeister by 5 naked female firefighters.

Is it used in the preparation of anything that is meant to be eaten/drunk?

Ok, here’s what we know so far .....

goofy ... nearly as goofy as something like fishing tackle
wife specified she wanted it
obscure (or at least obscure as a gift)
usually practical woman might mean practical gift
smaller than a breadbox
gender neutral in todays society
can be, or is used outdoors
will be used while RV’ing but not specifically made just for it
it uses electricity

not made of precious metal (gold, silver etc)
not edible
not involved with gaming
not anything ever living
not the wetsuit you would wear to be catapulted into a vat of ice cold jagermeister by 5 naked female firefighters.

edit:
not involved with food or beverage preparation
not worn on the body

Can we have a clarification regarding your saying it was an "obscure gift" (without using up a full question :) ...

Did you mean it is an obscure item? (in other words, uncommon) ... or is it just obscure as a gift.

Here are some ideas. Ridire seems to have taken care of his gift, but I thought I'd throw some ideas here. I'd be happy to read others since I'm always looking for fresh ideas for my wife.

After watching her exchange jewelry in the past, I decided to just get her bare gems and let her pick out the settings. The first time I did that (two very purple tanzanites) she cried. Yes, cried. Happy like. Buying gems is cool because you can go to a dealer and pick out exactly what you want. I had my dealer get different ones, twice, from Miami before I found a really nice pair (for earrings). I gave her a catalog of settings, she took care of the rest. I've done the same with diamonds and other stuff. It's fairly economical, too, since you are not paying for a name brand on anything.

There are day spas that you can get her a whole day of pampering at. Pool, massage, lunch, nails, tanning, girl stuff. I talked to the husband of her best friend, he did the same, that way I didn't get sucked into that.

I usually give away a coupon for me to paint any room in the house. I'd do it anyway, but it works anyway. Cheap, too.

This year I'm getting my wife a watercolor paint set. She used to paint when she was young. My 3 kids are in college now, and now that she's done with the hectic part of raising them, it's time to get back to youthful passions while we still have the energy for it. If your wife is transitioning like this, consider a gift to help get back to her roots.

Lights up but no sounds ... and Christmas. It can only be one thing.

leglamp.jpg

Back