Yetis and Thangs(Cooler Talk)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sears has thr 62qt Coleman Xtreme on sale for 32$

http://m.sears.com/coleman-62-quart...0050830x000545&aff=Y&PID=4485850&AID=11044874

spin_prod_208676501

http://www.kryogear.com/collections/all

Update on the Hopsulator.

v1.0 Blowout sale. $7-$9 each. Must by a case....

v2.0 coming by end of the year. New pics of the design. I hope they still offer Matte Black option.

I'm just gonna wait. As badly as I want one now, there were some issues with v1.0 have the can spin around on the inside and not being a super tight fit. Willing to wait for the new design.

http://www.kryogear.com/collections/all

Update on the Hopsulator.

v1.0 Blowout sale. $7-$9 each. Must by a case....

v2.0 coming by end of the year. New pics of the design. I hope they still offer Matte Black option.

I'm just gonna wait. As badly as I want one now, there were some issues with v1.0 have the can spin around on the inside and not being a super tight fit. Willing to wait for the new design.

Thanks for the update.

yeah I am gonna wait too. I dont need a case.

This would be a perfect time for someone else to hit the market with their own. RTIC, Ozark,Yeti,etc... all need to get one out.

So no other insulated options for tallboy cans? :(

So no other insulated options for tallboy cans? :(

I have a neoprene narragansett koozie for tallboys that I got 5 years ago. I'm confused at the excitement for something more. I have a hard time imagining there's going to be that much of a delta T between neoprene koozie versus the kyrogear over the first 30 minutes. How long does it take you to drink a beer? I feel like I'm missing something.

My wife will be making some tallboy koozies soon with popular quotes from this site on them. Stay tuned...

Soon.img

So I need some help with this. I need popular quotes from here. Below is the list I have so far:

JulianB, please.
Bellend
Gobshite
tosh'd
17 pisses
Sorry for partying
Photekut likes this

Halp!

It'll probably be just a few to start but we will get these going as we can.

So I need some help with this. I need popular quotes from here. Below is the list I have so far:

JulianB, please.
Bellend
Gobshite
tosh'd
17 pisses
Sorry for partying
Photekut likes this

Halp!

Welcome to the site!
Trady is the worst
ISO: Big Stouts

JulianB, please.
Bellend
Gobshite
tosh'd
17 pisses
Sorry for partying
Photekut likes this

Halp!

Screwyouguys
GIF-IDK.gif

Been meaning to get my friend make some stuff with the vinyl printer thingy

JulianB, please.
Bellend
Gobshite
tosh'd
17 pisses
Sorry for partying
Photekut likes this

Halp!

1975 Chevy Nova
civilc said...
Watch pics

JulianB, please.
Bellend
Gobshite
tosh'd
17 pisses
Sorry for partying
Photekut likes this

Halp!

Jimmies rustled
Touched your balls, fool.

Already starting the Ice Challege with the RTIC softpack 30

this is what I tried to squeeze in
20160902_094119_zpsxrjz5hhc.jpg

Cause their site says 30cans will fit but I am real world testing. and I got 18cans and 10lbs of Ice filled it to the Top.

Go all the Way Up.
20160902_094435_zpsyryoy9xn.jpg

After filling made me think that the frozen ice packs might be the best optin for the this. Yeti makes a 4lb that could work great.

41HOtUh2fZL._SY400_.jpg

But anyway it is 9:45 in the AM and will check it every 3-4hrs and see what happen. Its gonna be high 80s- low90s today. I exepct all Ice gone in about 12hrs cause it was only a 10lbs.

3hrs in and fill line dropped about 1inc and half..

20160902_130236_zpsfollo8ui.jpg

I think 4-5 more hrs before all gone now. I have opened it once a hr too and phone says 82 right now outside.

alright 6hr update.

Lost about half the ice but evrrything inside is super cold.
20160902_154448_zpsdypz3una_edit_1472852760678_zpsnpkqh1vn.jpg

Its been outside in 80+ degree weather. Mostly shade but a good 1hr and half of full when the sun moved over the backyard and the top of it got Hot. the side are chill but there is NO sweet from the bottom. I have opened it every hr on the hr and let the air exchange inside. I have to leave for work and bringing it inside but it still looks to have 3-4lbs of Ice and I would give it another 3-4hrs before Ice is competely gone but I wont be home for atleast 6-7 hrs.

So i am Guessing that 1 10lb of Ice and 18pack will last 10-12hrs and to more out of it, i would go with 12z cans, or 2 growlers and a Bomber or 6 bombers or better yet half beer and half ice, atleast 15lbs of Ice and I think you could get 18-24hrs out of it.

Holy ****. Just got home and check It Out. Its still has Ice.

20160902_222917_zpsnuhk21sk.jpg

I did bring it in the house before I went to work and its a nice 74 in the house. So the last 6 and half hrs in door but still has a good amount of Ice in it and my wife has snaked some beers out of it already. so it has been opened since I left. I am impressed cause its a Soft pack. a hard cooler i would expect but its a softpack and still holding Good after 12+hr after starting with a 18pack and 10lbs of ice and no pre-chill or anything like that.

Last edited:
On snaps.

20160903_072004_zps2vxcoub6_edit_1472908895774_zps2dpicwps.jpg

Its mostly water but still has a few softball size ice chunks in and ice cold water. I think its gonna make to 24hrs.But good to know that i will have some ice cold bottle water for the morning hangover.

Just after the 24hr mark and about a scoop of ice left. I pushed it all to the corner so it will show in the pic.

20160903_095710_zpssimgxxiv.jpg

Also I found these at the store for .50 cents in the clearance rack.
20160903_095856_zpsa1t3cxqz.jpg

Each on is about 6inchs tall and 2-3inches thick. I grabbed 6 and once the ice is all melted, i am gonna throws these in and see how long they keep the water cold.

Overall I am happy with this bag. I been just playing with it over the last day or so but I think it is gonna work great for Fall and Spring games. I will order a Hard cooler before next summer. I thiink this softone will stuggle in 100+ heat. But kills it in the 70-80s.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back