Ya Know What I Miss Most About Brewing???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RLinNH

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
It's summer, so I am in sustenance mode. Brew once a month, 23 gallons at a whack. During the "on" season I am brewing every other weekend, if not every weekend. But folks, it's warm outside. That means we, as human beings, are supposed to be riding our bicycles. So, I brew once a month during the peak of cycling season. But, that once a month, I remember the great things about brewing. And always, one memory comes to mind..

It's not the tons of cash I save from buying Craft Beer. It's not the amount of beer I brew at a whack. It's not the look of amazement on people's faces when they taste their first, great beer. I could go on and on forever on the subject of the Pros for home brewing, but the thing I miss most? It';s the smell of the hops, right after you add your 60 minute addition to the wort. You go into the kitchen to annotate the addition, then you walk back into the garage to that beautiful bouquet. Ahhhhhh, fresh hops GOODNESS;)

Right on brother.

There is something spiritual about brewing. It's an art. It's creating something. It's architecture.

Thanks for sharing. That 60 minute hop smell is fabulous. I'm just a few minutes from smelling it as I type.

Cheers!

The smell of a mash in the cool early morning gets my senses reeling. I would visit breweries just for the smell if I stopped brewing.

The smell of mashing in, yes one of my favorite smells. I love how my converted utility room to mini brewery smells the next few days after a good brew.

Almost everything important or eventfull in life is shared with food and drink! As Homebrewers we embrace the abbilaty to bring even more depth to those times by creating something to be part of those events. We think about every detail of the flavor profile, mouth feel, the nose as you pour and drink, color, and clarity. Then once it is done bottled or keg'd and we try it, we start thinking about the friends that will like our latest creation and when we can get together to enjoy it.

All that said we are really self absorbed and want to be the center of attention so we make great beer. This way you are always first on the guest list and the hit of the party!! :ban: But I truly enjoy the first part!

Long Live Homebrewing!

The topic of this thread is so true. I've been in Peru for 2 months, so I haven't brewed in almost 3....and I crave a brew day!

Beers here are tropical swill, which makes me miss it so much more. At least I'm saving a bunch of money on beer, which has gone to buying new equipment for my return!

It';s the smell of the hops, right after you add your 60 minute addition to the wort. You go into the kitchen to annotate the addition, then you walk back into the garage to that beautiful bouquet. Ahhhhhh, fresh hops GOODNESS;)

I may be new here and to brewing as well but isn't that the time that it boils over? lol

I may not be able to brew for a while, having filled all four batches worth of my bottles. But I have 4 different beers carbing & conditioning, two of which are chilling now. Putting together a 5th batch worth of bottles to brew one more time this summer...

I may not be able to brew for a while, having filled all four batches worth of my bottles. But I have 4 different beers carbing & conditioning, two of which are chilling now. Putting together a 5th batch worth of bottles to brew one more time this summer...

...Sounds like a trip to the "kegs, CO2 and OtherStuffForKegging" store is in order!!!!

The aroma of 24-48 hrs fermentation of a C hop DIPA. Can't beat it.

Honestly for me the most awesome moment of a brew day is when opening the valve on the mash tun to vorlauf and the golden liquid starts running out......

Back