Ya ever make a batch that's pretty good...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dunnright00

Reaction score
..and so you start drinking it up, and as you get to the last few bottles you realize how much better it is now and wish you had waited longer or slowed down?

I'm on one of my last few bottles of Chocolate Oatmeal Cream Stout and it tastes so much better than the last one I had a couple of weeks ago!

I'm gonna have to hoard the rest of this six pak... :drunk:

Happens to me with every brew I bottle haha...also with patience you get crystal clear ales. The trick is to brew even more so that you cant possibly drink all of it before it ages out :mug:

I can't recall one that got worse as the keg lightened. I have had some that were near undrinkable to start, bottled to free keg, store for many months, and finally turn into a fine beer.

My ales are usually good at 3-4 weeks. I was surprised how much longer they're good with the o2 barrier caps. I have the last 2 APA's in the back of the fridge.
Then boxes of 64 bottles Whiskely Ale,with my 1st IPA in primary. About 12-15 bottles of her Krystallwit. Then,her SA-ish summer ale waiting in the wings for a cool spell.

I learned my lesson the hard way, too! ... now I wait ... now I go BUY beer if I have to in order to avoid "wasting" my homebrew.

Back