Wuh woh...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JMU_Alumn08

Reaction score
I bottled my batch a little less than 4 days ago and popped one open to see if it had carbonated at all and how it tasted. Taste was good but no carbonation! Is it just too soon (I know it i suspposed to stay in bottles for 2 weeks about) or did all my yeast cells quit doing their job? I thought I did a pretty good job with sanitizing... any thoughts? Am I screwed?

I bottled my batch a little less than 4 days ago and popped one open to see if it had carbonated at all and how it tasted. Taste was good but no carbonation! Is it just too soon (I know it i suspposed to stay in bottles for 2 weeks about) or did all my yeast cells quit doing their job? I thought I did a pretty good job with sanitizing... any thoughts? Am I screwed?

Yep, your beer is ruined. You might as well pour it all down the sink.

No? Doesn't sound like a plan to you? Yeah, me neither. Wait 3 weeks, then try again. You'll have beer, I promise.

I have a better idea, send it to me, I will wait three weeks for you. Then I will sample it, quality control it, and ensure that they all carbed properly and also did not contain an infection. I will gladly return the rinsed bottles when done... :drunk:

Revvy might send you his "STOP, step away from the beer post" for this one.

Seriously, Hide them away in a box at 70 deg for 3 weeks and then try again. You will be able to reply back to this and tell us how great it is.

Llama's Law: Anytime someone mentions that their beer might be ruined, or asks if they can use swing-top bottles for their beer, someone will respond that the beer in question needs to be sent to them for "proper disposal."

4 days?! Give the poor yeasties time to do their job. 21 days @ 70 degrees is the general rule of thumb. RDWHAHB. (just not the homebrew in question)

(just not the homebrew in question)
Come on! Flat beer isn't that bad! I'm drinking a nice, flat, red right now! (was too lazy to find one more bottle to finish this bottling session, so I'm drinking it instead)

Come on! Flat beer isn't that bad! I'm drinking a nice, flat, red right now! (was too lazy to find one more bottle to finish this bottling session, so I'm drinking it instead)

Doing the same. Tasted my Kona Gold coffee stout that I plan to bottle tomorrow . Tasted so good I'm drinking a glass of it right now .... warm and flat .

4 days??!?!??! My God man, Rome wasn't built in a day. Patience, patience, patience..... IT SUCKS!!! Leave your little yeasties alone, they're working hard to make YOU happy. I, too, think you're beer will be just fine in a couple more weeks.

3 weeks at 70, 3 weeks at 70 three weeks at 70!!!

Read this...and watch the video linked there...

http://blogs.homebrewtalk.com/Revvy/Of_Patience_and_Bottle_Conditioning/

Hey, someone told me that 3 weeks at 70 degrees would carbonate my beer. Is there any truth to that? I've just splashing club soda into my flat beer, or leaving it in secondary for 3 months and hoping that it would carb. Do you think the 3 weeks at 70 degrees would work better?
/rant

Seriously, are there still people who haven't learned that? 3 WEEKS AT 70 DEGREES

That is all.

sooo 3 weeks at 70 degrees seems to be the general concensus. and yes I'm impatient. who isn't with beer?! thanks guys though for the funny comments and tips.

Llama's Law: Anytime someone mentions that their beer might be ruined, or asks if they can use swing-top bottles for their beer, someone will respond that the beer in question needs to be sent to them for "proper disposal."

Sorry there little whippersnapper, but we've been using that term round here for years before you got here. :D

Now get offa my lawn!

Back