Wtf noob moment

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

strangebrew14

Reaction score
Howdy HBT peeps! Couldn't help but share another first in my home brew career as I laugh at myself. While working to transfer my 4th all grain batch (NC red seal ale clone) to bottle bucket I got the idea to zip tie a hop bag to my auto siphon to help filter trub.

Well the zip ties would not fit into the neck of my carboy with the siphon so I got the great idea of using my trusty pocket knife to cut them off as nothing semi sanitary was close. Boom! Blade stop broke free and the blade closed onto my pointer finger and cut it wide open. Since airlock was already off and empty I wrapped my finger in a paper towel (didn't last long) and finished the transfer. Ever seen blood on a carboy lol

Felt like such an idiot but hey we bleed for this awesome obsession right?!? Cheers!

Ahhh nothing like Human Left Overs!! !I just transfered a Black IPA to my bottling bucket in the process I seen a lice long SWMBO hair on the side of my fermenter. So I rekanmed it Black Haired IPA. Will thgrough some in the fridge this weekend~!!!! Cheers LOL

Back