• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB: SS 5/8 Fender Washer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeerDoctor5

Reaction score
I was hoping some amazing member of this forum would be willing to sell me a SS 5/8 Fender Washer!

A homebrewing buddy of mine was kind enough to offer me the leftover SS 5/8 fender washers from his Mash Tun conversion, however, as I was converting my cooler to a Mash Tun it became aware to me that the SS fender washers he gave me were 7/8 not 5/8...

I checked Fastenal and I was comfortable paying $11 for ten SS washers but I was not happy about the 8 dollar shipping!!! $20 would for one washer would be a ridiculously large percent of the total cost of my Mash Tun!

So, I'm in a bit of a predicament. I have planned my first AG brew this Saturday. My wife and kids are visiting some family and have granted me this Saturday as a brew day. But my mash tun is sadly incomplete. I would be very grateful if some kind soul was out there and had one that they would sell me. I have paypal or I can send cash/check, whichever you prefer. Thanks in advance!!!!

Marcus

pm me your address I got 1 I could send you...

Do you have the lowes or Home depots out there? I bought mine there in the hardware section for maybe 6-7 bucks

its a kit from Crown Bolt (Called Create a bolt) come in clear plasic box orange sticker

it had 4 Hex Nuts 4 Flat Washers and 4 Lock Washers

Jeffd:rockin:

Menards has them, if ya cant find them send me your address my Wisconsin brother and will get some off to ya. How many ya need? I have at least 2 dozen:)

Yea they are extremely hard to come by. Built my ton a couple months ago & needed them. I tried every local hardware store & didn't wana pay fastneal prices. Go to Home Depot the only SS washers they have is in the create a bolt package. Just make sure you double check the contents because I believe some of the create a bolt packages are zinc as well. But they do sell them in Stainless.

Beerdoctor5 - I got mine at Home Depot in their "create-a-bolt" package. You get about 5 and it was only about $4. I have an extra that I would be glad to send if you don't find any.

Thanks for the responses and offers for help! I've been chasing this white whale for a few days now.

I have searched my local Menards, Ace, and Home Depot for a 5/8" SS fender washer and had half the store looking for me too! Sadly it was a futile effort.

I called Home Depot today looking for the aforementioned Create-a-Bolt and they did not carry the SS version only the zinc coated version. Sheesh. The Home Depot guy informed me that we have a fastenal location in town so I gave them a call and they said they could order me some and they'd be here tomorrow!!

So I should have 10 tomorrow and hopefully I'll be able to help out some new to AG brewer in the future. Thanks again for the offers!!!

Yeah I checked Menards website and did not see any 5/8" listed. I'll maybe just have to check in-store and see. And our area Fastenal sites don't carry the SS 5/8" either, per their website.

Edit: Our Fastenal location does carry the 10-pack it appears.

Back