• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB - Calibration Weights

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

delvec28

Reaction score
I brewed yesterday and had an issue with my kitchen scale not reading properly. I can re-calibrate this, but I need a 2000g and 5000g weight, which are not included.

I'm in Southern NJ (outside Philly), and would prefer to borrow these if anyone local has them.

Or I would buy if the price was right, but I'm not 100% convinced this scale isn't broken, so I'd rather put the money into a new scale if calibration doesn't work!

Go to the bank and get some newly minted coins. Look up the weights and figure what you need. That is my low tech method, only with my small digital scale all I need is a few coins. And when you are done, you still have exactly what you started with - waste free!

Nickel - 5 grams

The United States Mint About Us

That is a great idea, didn't even think of that!

Go to the bank and get some newly minted coins. Look up the weights and figure what you need. That is my low tech method, only with my small digital scale all I need is a few coins. And when you are done, you still have exactly what you started with - waste free!

Nickel - 5 grams

The United States Mint About Us

I did the coins as well with my scale, works fine. thats how drug dealers do it, so why not us too?

I did the coins as well with my scale, works fine. thats how drug dealers do it, so why not us too?

Amen.

I realized I need $50 in nickels or $20 in pennies, lol. Random question - with that many, did you need a container to hold them all? And if so, what did you use that didn't throw off the weight by that much?

Amen.

I realized I need $50 in nickels or $20 in pennies, lol. Random question - with that many, did you need a container to hold them all? And if so, what did you use that didn't throw off the weight by that much?

I would just zero it out with a jar on the scale, then put in the coins and calibrate

Back