Wow wine issue with taste

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

armelodie

Reaction score
Doing the wurzels orange wine for the first time (well impressed so far)..so I've campdened/sorbated/and used finings and racked for the third time so, its pretty clear now in the DJ and all good to go for conditioning...

Two questions ...

1. From the taste theres good initial sweetness at the front of the mouth but at the back of the throat theres kind of an alcohol fume taste...is this ok at such an early stage and will conditioning take care of it?

2. When to bottle? Some say bottle early others say leave it to condition in the Dj for a few months (something to do with thermal mass!)..

Muchos gracias

hello mate, i bottled after it had finished fermenting, i left in bottles for about 3 months but i drank one or two earlier, they were nice but as you described above, the ones i left longer tasted much much better with all the bitterness/alcohol taste gone, but still very tasty, believe it or not one of my neighbors said i could sell it !!

Cheers fella,

Going to bottle and be dammed...

It also frees up another Demijohn! I Never thought of that one.

Yoinks, as columbo used to say..just one more question..

What temp for storage of bottles?

Back