Wow... Keg Chairs for a cheap cost of $550

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mplutodh1

Reaction score
This gave me a chuckle. Browsing Craigslist and came across this post:

http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/clt/1482090082.html

Sold as a Set of 2. These are POLISHED Kegs. We are selling only the labor that has been put into polishing these, and the cost of the top seats made for them. These make a great stool or even a bar stool. They look great and are a fun way to start a conversation. If your a Bar owner, they'll even look good on display.
They are fully functional, and could be filled up again. Just be sure you can get the same keg back unscratched. There is a very small ding in one of the keg shells. Aside from that, they're perfect.

Uh just selling for the cost of Labor? Yeah ok - polishing takes some time and elbow grease but come on - $550?

3n93m93l95Oc5Qb5T19bpa21a5504810c1ee8.jpg

3ka3od3l95O95Q55P09bp835b31d6e9a7111f.jpg

I could think of a lot better ways to use two nice condition kegs than to sit a fat arse on...

Brand new kegs like that are expensive. Yes, I'm sure he polished them to get the chome finish, but they look new otherwise. That's actually pretty cheap concidering. I wouldn't pay that much for a set of kegs, but someone might.

On a side note, my outdoor bar has seating along these lines and it only cost me around 40 bucks a stool. I have 4 bar stools, each one is half a 15.5 gallon keg with a SS stand mounted to the inside of them. I added upholstry to them and now I have an interesting conversation piece.

I've seen this posted here before. The dude is either selling enough of them to make it worth his time, or he is still trying to unload them.

As someone who has polished two kegs now I can tell you that his price is just a little bit high. Let's say you did get some legal kegs in good shape, you're looking at $100 each. Each keg takes about 4-5 hours to polish so he must work at $45/hr.

If I were to sell my kegs, which are also converted to brewing vessels, I'd probably look for $220 each.

All you need to polish those is a drill, sanding disk, fine sand paper, a polishing pad and polish. Oh yeah, and about two hours each.

Back