Would you buy it?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FatherJack

Reaction score
I'm moving back to the States next year after an extended stay in Gondor and I'm looking to get all my brewing stuff at my parents' place before I get there so I can brew right away.

I currently have a standard stainless steel braid cooler mash tun. Sadly, this will not make the return journey with me.

I was looking online at Midwest Supplies and saw this:

http://www.midwestsupplies.com/thermo-mash-tun.html

It's a bit pricey but has sexy stainless steel features.

Would you buy it? Is it worth it? Has anyone bought this (or any other) from Midwest?

Thanks!:mug:

Haha, no. It's a matter of shipping costs. Plus a buddy of mine is getting into brewing and I'm just gonna sell him all my stuff for cheap and restock when I move.

I missed that the one you linked to had a false bottom. But I would still look at building my own.

I'm moving back to the States next year after an extended stay in Gondor

Does Southwest fly non-stop from Middle Earth to the US, or do you have to make the entire trip on one of those giant eagles?

images

Sadly, this will not make the return journey with me. It's a matter of shipping costs.

I did a google earth search, and you are right, no FedEx Kinkos or UPS Stores in Gondor. Not even a stinking McDonalds. Can you say "emerging market?"

images

Question: Do they brew kicka** mead in Gondor?

images

I'll agree with the build-your-own. I love DIY stuff but having never even seen a mashtun before (not a lot of homebrewers in my area, perhaps there are more in the land of Isildur's heirs?) I got a 10 gallon one from northern brewer that I assume is the same thing as the thermo-mash tun and now I wish I had just purchased the false bottom and done the rest on my own as a amazon.com special. I've never mashed/sparged with anything besides my setup, but I've never had a stuck sparge or any problem whatsoever, so at least that's a vote for the false bottom verses braid!

Does Southwest fly non-stop from Middle Earth to the US, or do you have to make the entire trip on one of those giant eagles?

images

I did a google earth search, and you are right, no FedEx Kinkos or UPS Stores in Gondor. Not even a stinking McDonalds. Can you say "emerging market?"

images

Question: Do they brew kicka** mead in Gondor?

images

I would love to take the eagles back. I'm sure they would handle my baggage more carefully and not screw up my flight times.

As for the emerging markets, totally agree. It's like a gold mine waiting to be entered.

As for brewing kick arse mead: not much here is superb quality when it comes to brewing....and if you can find it, it's awfully expensive.

Back