Would you brew in the bathroom?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you brew in the bathroom?

• Total voters
I do this in winter because it's the best place in the house for it, since it has water and a fan.

I don't think anyone has commented on my point about bathroom exhaust fan. A veteran here who I have the utmost respect for suggested not to use that exhaust fan during the brew. The caution being that the wort steam contains more than just water. Thus, sticky wort remaining in the ductwork. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Thanks!

I don't think anyone has commented on my point about bathroom exhaust fan. A veteran here who I have the utmost respect for suggested not to use that exhaust fan during the brew. The caution being that the wort steam contains more than just water. Thus, sticky wort remaining in the ductwork. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Thanks!
I'm not sure there are any sugars in the steam I haven't noticed any in my brewery. As for the ducts it depends on the year your house was built and the codes at that time. My house was built in 1999 and the codes here at that time didn't require ductwork for vent fans they just exhaust into the attic. Not the best idea which is why i don't use them very often.

I use a steam Slayer and I don't feel any stickiness in the exhaust tube nor the head.

I brew in my laundry room.
Great deep tub, plenty of hot water from the tap, 220V dryer outlet for my kettle heating element.
I can brew during the LONG Minnesota winter with no fear of dreaded CO!

Back