would 3.6 cu. ft be too small

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

austin296

Reaction score
I am interested in making a temperature controlled fermenter. I have the option to buy a Sanyo sr-368K 3.6 cu ft mini fridge.

I am currently making my 5 gallon batches from a williams brewing kit. with the thermostat at 65 degrees, the closet i have the fermenter in is between 68 and 69 degrees. I need a better way to control the temp without making my apartment that temp...

Would this fridge be good to turn into a temp controlled fermenter?

Unless someone has used one and can chime in, you probably want to measure yourself. Make sure you have enough height for carboy/bucket with the airlock or blowoff tube attached. Also make sure the door will close with the carboy/bucket in there.

I have a 7cu ft chest freezer. It barely holds two carboys.
I would take measurements. Don't forget the height of the airlock.

I am interested in making a temperature controlled fermenter. I have the option to buy a Sanyo sr-368K 3.6 cu ft mini fridge.

I am currently making my 5 gallon batches from a williams brewing kit. with the thermostat at 65 degrees, the closet i have the fermenter in is between 68 and 69 degrees. I need a better way to control the temp without making my apartment that temp...

Would this fridge be good to turn into a temp controlled fermenter?

What are the measurements of the interior of the fridge?

What are the measurements of the exterior of your fermentor?

If it does fit, then just add a temp controller and you're golden.

Compare the two, and you have your answer. It either fits or it doesn't.

Back