wort chillers question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baddagger

Reaction score
hey all i was just wondering wich is better stainless steal wort chiller or copper? cause im looking at grabbing a 50foot wort chiller for my new 10gallon stainless steal stock pot i just bought because its way to big to put in the sink for a ice bath.

Either one is good. Stainless is a little more expensive and is only slightly worse at heat transfer. However copper can discolor over time. The discoloration is normal and does not effect beer quality. Both are good choices. I personally went with a stainless one.

so copper transfers heat a little better , well that all care about .. why pay more for stainless steal if it transfer heat a little less and cost more.

Either one is good. Stainless is a little more expensive and is only slightly worse at heat transfer. However copper can discolor over time. The discoloration is normal and does not effect beer quality. Both are good choices. I personally went with a stainless one.

the flip side of this is if you use it enough the beer keeps it clean and from discoloring.... so you have an excuse not to wait too long between brewing for the copper to oxidize.

Latest posts

Back