Wort Chiller Over Stock Sale - Worth it at Midwest?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

britishbloke

Reaction score
Wort Chiller Over Stock Sale......

This is my next piece to buy.

I saw a nice wort chiller on MIdwests : http://www.midwestsupplies.com/products/ProdByID.aspx?ProdID=4173

But the other website morebeer.com also appears to have the same wort chiller which isnt onsale but still costs the same price.

Im wondering if its worth me wating and buying ingredients or if I should take advantage of the Midwest deal, if the morebeer one isnt as good?

I finally got paid and am wanting to buy one sometime soon. :(

Honestly based on what I have seen, that is not much of a sale.
Most Immersion Chillers I have seen cost in the $50 range.

Personally, I just use two liter soda bottles that I fill with water and freeze. Usually takes about 3 of them to quickly cool a 5 gallon batch.

Morebeer's is a buck cheaper, it's their regular price and if you get a batch of ingredients they'll throw in free shipping. No need for a wort chiller until you go all grain anyways. Both copper, same fittings, same length. How can once be better than the other? Get the beer ingredients and the chiller will be there for you when you are ready...

B3 wort chiller

I got mine from morebeer for the same price and free shipping. Just make sure you tighten the fittings before you use it. ehhh.

That's the deal. If you can buy your 3/8" OD copper for about $1.50 per foot or less, it's better to make your own. I've found Ebay deals for 100 ft of 1/2 OD for $93 SHIPPED.. You just have to be patient, then pounce! Buying the copper at retail box stores does NOT beat out the morebeer price on the premade.

Back