wort chiller good deal?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daum

Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290139158957
Does that look like a good deal for one? Looking to get one since now with AG i need to be chilling much quicker than using my icebath.

Thanks,
Daum

829b_1.JPG

Daum,

When the weather is reasonable (not 100 degrees) this chiller takes my beer to pitching temps in 15-20 minutes. With the heat, it's about 30 minutes, but I'm hoping to improve that with a pre-chiller.

I bought one too! I could not pass up the deal! Especially since it is 1/2" and not the smaller tubing.

I got a great idea for pool owners and brewers. Could you run another hose into your pool and vent the hot water into the pool? I know you would have to make sure that the hot water, especially when it first comes out, will be extremely HOT!

My friend does exactly that! I don't have a pool, or I would, too!:mug:

Xiren said:
I bought one too! I could not pass up the deal! Especially since it is 1/2" and not the smaller tubing.

I got a great idea for pool owners and brewers. Could you run another hose into your pool and vent the hot water into the pool? I know you would have to make sure that the hot water, especially when it first comes out, will be extremely HOT!

Running it into the pool is one way to get rid of the water but don't think you're going to raise the temp (if that's what your goal is). We're talking 30 gallons into 10,000. I've seen a few guys on here chill their pots IN the pool.

Now... you COULD pump really cold pool water into your chiller when the temps are cold out. The sweet spot is just prior to freezing ;-)

daum said:
bought! hopefully it will cool reasonably quick!
Daum
What did he ding you for shipping? I was going to buy one from him a few weeks ago until I got a shipping quote...$32.85 to send it to Los Angeles. Suddenly it didn't seem like such a good deal. Guess I'll keep chilling in a sink full of ice water for a bit longer.

I do like that it's 1/2" copper. The seller has 100% good feedback, so he must be doing something right. Let us know how you like it.

Back