WORST Non-homebrew you've had!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Theres a bunch but far and away the worst is Miller Chill. Damn the lime was just overpowering and disgusting.

Oh and Stella is way overated! I had one for the first time the other night expecting a halfway mainstrewam tasting Belgium brew but what I got was just a crap swillbrewery tasting ale.

What I'm about to tell you is a horrible, horrible story. However, before you banish me a blasphemer I was only 19 and I guess it was a learning experience for me. You should never try this at home...and never let anyone you care about do this:

It was a hot northern CA night...100F, bad humidity and the air was stagnant. I had just recently broken up with my girlfriend and went over to a buds house to get trashed. :tank:

We called our of-the-age friend to buy us beer, but only had 12 bucks between to two of us (poor college students as it were). My vote was for the cheapest beer with the highest alcohol content (of course!). So logically from that point we bought 3-12packs of each of these beers: Keystone ICE, Milwaukee ICE, and some other ICE beer I've repressed the memory of (or the drinking of it caused me to forget the name). Anyways...my friend was a lightweight and ended up only having only 6-7 of them and I drank, and drank...and drank...I don't know how many or what the hell happened after number 12. Needless to say...I woke up the next afternoon at 3pm, missed my shift at work which started at 1pm, and threw up for the next 6 hours.

So the moral of the story is...don't drink ICE beer. And if you do drink ICE beer, don't mix different types of ICE beer. And if you do mix them, don't drink over 12 of them. Oh yeah, and don't try to wash your sorrows away with ICE beer because your low self-esteem with magically become just good old common sense about what a dumass you are. :drunk:

Edison Light Beer... old and skunky in a clear bottle that must have been two years old going by the dust on the bottle.

Breckenridge Vanilla Porter. I just couldn't drink that stuff. I maybe made it through 1/4 of the glass. Tasted like carbonated vanilla extract.

EricK The Red said:
I just stopped loving you...:(

Just kidding!

PBR is great when you're slummin' in the summertime! :D

Hell yeah! I'll even admit to rollingskunks on a super hot day being a thirst quenching session beer.

I must second that any "ice" beers I have had are the worst. Are they all long gone now? Man, in highschool they had all just come out and were the cheapest twelve packs around, Molson, Labatts, Genessee... they all had ice. Bleck!

Beer I hate most - Labatts. I have had tons of it down my throat being that its the most popular in these parts, but it was only until I was about 24 that I realized it is total Garbage. On the micro side of things, Magic Hat brewing out of VT is such a bandwagon fad. Blind taste tests could prove that its just magic crap - no balance, no style, just overkilled brews (Ipa's are super bitter, no aroma, maltyness of Miller light.... Hefe's seem like lambics brewed with basement spiderweb yeasts gone wrong with tons of off esters...etc.)

worst national beer: icehouse. it's hard to avoid in a fraternity house, but still tastes like horse balls

worst local beer: nimbus abbey style ale. all esters and alcohol, no malty balance. it tasted like i drank a glass of banana schnapps. i drank about 1/4 of it and poured the rest down their toilet.

bonus points if you live in tucson and can drive to nimbus without getting lost.

Fatgodzilla said:
Anything from America.

Anything along the BMC in America..YES

But I think america has grown as a big craft brewing country and can rival most countrys for sure. We have few styles of our own or styles that originated here..Steam beer comes to mind..Which IMO is some tasty beer!!

Jay

Grolsch Amber is made from pure sadness

Harpoon's Winter Warmer uses sadness extract... and cinnamon!

AmberBoch uses disappointment for water treatment

Delirium Tremens. Gets great reviews on BeerAdvocate, but when I had it, it was awful! I was already drunk too, which makes it all the more notable that I could barely drink it. I found it to be cloyingly sweet and malty, and excessively fruity.

I believe my exact comment was, "It tastes like a candied turd".

A super skunked Heineken from a coffeeshop/bar combination. Apparently some of the beer had been left outside for a week in the summer in Texas in direct sunlight.

Oh, and +1 to Lone Star. Mmm. Wet cardboard.

40 oz of Bull Ice Malt Liquor, 8.2% alcohol and 1.59 out the door...the first time I drank two of these, I fell while I was playing hackysack (college :tank: ) and hit my kidneys on the rear bumper of a nearby 1970s era ford pickup my buddy called "Sanford." Later that night after some more "Riding The Bull", I fell down the stairs at a sorority house.

Why I ever went back to it again and again I'll never know.

Dock Street Illuminator

This stuff is total crud. I'm debating whether it's worth swilling down, or if I should just throw it out.

The worst is "Rock Ice" from Cervezcaria Costa Rica, I'm not even sure what that stuff is!

All I know is that it tastes terrible (not even like malt or hops), has an oily mouth feel, and is incredibly heavy for being the color of a pilsner. Its worse than Colt .45, even!

Tarindel said:
Delirium Tremens. Gets great reviews on BeerAdvocate, but when I had it, it was awful! I was already drunk too, which makes it all the more notable that I could barely drink it. I found it to be cloyingly sweet and malty, and excessively fruity.

I believe my exact comment was, "It tastes like a candied turd".

Are you a fan of Belgian Strong Ales? Delirium Tremens is a good one. I'm guessing you're just not a fan of the style.

I've seen a ton of mentions of Miller Chill, which I refuse to try. Has anyone tried Miller Lite's new "craft beer" line? I think they make a wheat, amber, and blonde ale now. There's no way I'd pay for this but I'm curious if someone has and how foul these beers are.

shunoshi said:
Are you a fan of Belgian Strong Ales? Delirium Tremens is a good one. I'm guessing you're just not a fan of the style.

I've seen a ton of mentions of Miller Chill, which I refuse to try. Has anyone tried Miller Lite's new "craft beer" line? I think they make a wheat, amber, and blonde ale now. There's no way I'd pay for this but I'm curious if someone has and how foul these beers are.

There's a couple threads floating around here about them, some people have tried them, and I don't think anyone on here was too impressed. Go figure :D

:off: Hey I keep forgetting...aren't you the king of cysers? I'd like your recipes....PM me if you want.

Without a doubt the worst beer i have ever tried is Natty Light. I couldn't even stand it after getting a little "tipsy". I had to wash the taste out with Liquor. i WOuld never buy the stuff. Unfortunately my friends are college students and they get cheap when it comes to parties even thogh for the most part they enjoy good beer. Natty Light= Vomit

PBR is the worst I can remember. Even at the young age of 22 or so when I tried it I poured it out after 2 swallows! Landshark is awful. Like others here I've had a bad bottle of both Spanish Peaks Black Dog ale (have since had decent bottles) and Sam Adams Black Ale. Funny thing about the SA Black Ale (schwarzbier) is I really like it, but I've almost quit buying it as I get at least 1 out of every 3 bottles that's thin, wattery, and taste spoiled, have to pour them down the drain.

Phillip

Sam Adams - Triple Bock (seriously, do you want to throw up?)

Blue Moon - continues fermenting after ingestion, Mmmmmm...

Sierra Nevada - Pale Ale (bottled salmon pee)

NBBC - Fat Tire (Seriously, why does everyone like it?) skinny dip is awesome!

I'll stop with those, and I can drink about anything; though Fat Tire is nowhere near the worst; I just think its not good, but its sold everywhere???

Buggar that! SNPA SUCKS.

No secret that my 2 worst "reputation vs actuality" are SNPA and GUINESS (version #13, the US brewed for the average BMC swilling Joe version of Guiness)http://homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=56358

But all in all I have to say Budweiser. Last night I had the choice of Bud or nothing.

I honestly tried to think "This is a difficult to brew, crisp, clean lager! Let's give it a shot!".......
The slightly sweet after taste nastiness was horrible.

Could be. I don't have a crystal ball, but the flavor is consistently bad. (My wife loves them, so they are around from time to time)

Wierd that she would like it...normally the ladies are averse to the hoppier beers. Perhaps they just use a hop you don't like. Have you tried it on tap?

Tequiza...at least I think that is how it is spelled. I don't think they even make it anymore.

-Ron

Back