Worst brew day ever, trying to save it

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't figure out how to account for the mash problems in my "new" recipe in brew smith 2. I want to show a multi-step mash 146, 152, 160, 156. I want to try to re-create it so I can get my actual pre-boil grav to be my expected pre-boil grav.

I can't figure out how to account for the mash problems in my "new" recipe in brew smith 2. I want to show a multi-step mash 146, 152, 160, 156. I want to try to re-create it so I can get my actual pre-boil grav to be my expected pre-boil grav.

Never mind. Figured out how to manual steps. Now just need to tweak numbers until I get it right.

With a minute left in the boil, my volume is about 5.75 gallons. I think I'll let it go about 5 extra minutes, then add the flame out hops.

Can't wait to see the OG.

OG=1.061. :ban:

I sh*t you not.

Got just under 5 gallons of wort. I can't thank all of you enough. I'll update this thread about a month from now. :mug:

This is a great thread! I had a similar gravity issue to yours and solved it with DME... but had to add it to the fermenter since I didn't have any on hand at boil time.

OG=1.061. :ban:

I sh*t you not.

Got just under 5 gallons of wort. I can't thank all of you enough. I'll update this thread about a month from now. :mug:

Was that calculated from BeerSmith? or is that from an actual reading?

Back