Worst brew day ever, happy ending.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Priemus

Reaction score
Start off waking up a little late, no biggy.

Discover my old faithful scale is suddenly off by about 5% at 100grams, 20% at 1kg, 30% at 2 kg....kinda annoying, but can be corrected on the fly with time.

Cordless drill breaks. Have to mill 6kg of grain by hand.

Mash in pot miss temp by 6 degrees Celcius somehow, Pump up the heat, overshoot by 3, it happens, Ill survive.

Stuck sparge. Really stuck sparge. After fighting with it for 45 minutes, missing mash out temps I bite the bullet and dump it into a bucket, and then use a scoup at a time through a kitchen strainer wrapped in a pain bag. Tiresome, but seems like a clear-ish beer. Still not sure why it isnt draining.

whoops! drop the strainer into the brew pot and splash wort all over the kitchen (luckly swmbo is not home).

Finally get it on the heat for the boil, take a sample for gravity, walk away..

Oeh crap I was doing a fwh addition which I forgot because of the sparge! throw it in anyway.

And after all that my pre-boil effciency is 5% more than I usually get? Ill take it.

Back