Worldwide CO2 tank fittings

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Taquina

Reaction score
I'm desperately trying to start kegging my beer. I purchased a 5 lb CO2 tank and a Governor double body regulator in the U.S. I then moved to Zambia and tried to fill my tank only to find that their fittings are different. I attach a picture of mine (left) and the local one (right).

Is there a worldwide list of CO2 fittings? I wonder if there is an adapter I could get to either fill my tank or to use my regulator on one of their tanks. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

View attachment 1445362695659.jpg

That picture shows precious little of value, as the two valves look virtually identical from the view and distance.

CO2 cylinders in the USA typically use CGA 320 valves.

Otoh, these are the standard CO2 cylinder valves used in other parts of the world:

British BS341 No.8
European DIN 477 No.6
SN 219505 Type 7
French NF E 29-650 Type C
Australian AS2473 Type 30
Japanese JIS B 8246 CO2

At the very least you need to ascertain what type valve is on the "local" tank to have a prayer of finding adapters...

Cheers!

Yes, I should have done some research before going to the co2 distributor. I took a picture of the fitting but I failed to look on the side to see what the fitting code was. I realize that the one I have is a CGA320. The unfamiliar one has a slight difference, but I agree that I need to know what code it is in order to find the adapter. Thanks for the link!

Back