woohooo

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

homedrinker

Reaction score
opened my first bottle of my first batch tonight with the wife and it was incredible. Even she was impressed. It was a blonde ale that i opened about 4 days before recommended in terms of bottle conditioning/carbonating. thanks to those who answered some of my questions worrying about EVERYTHING that could go wrong that didnt. Can't wait to brew again and modify...

hooked in Texas,
HD

That's awesome. Hearing stories like yours takes me back to my first brew and how cool I thought it was.

It's great, isn't it? I always take the first sip, and my first thought is always, "Wow- I made BEER!" It's like magic.

haha thats how I feel and I haven't even had my first sip yet. Everyday I just gaze over and my bottles thinking how awesome it is that I made that. and hope that it tastes wonderful!

It's great when it turns out! I just kegged a Blonde the other day and I think it was a bit too hoppy. We'll see once it's chilled and gassed. I've done it a couple of times before and it's always turned out pretty good, so I'm still thinking it's going to be a little too bitter for the style.

I couldn't wait that long for my first batch. I had one after about five days and it was awesome then, just kept getting better.

The really fun part of this obsess...uh, hobby is that you get to experience the improvement of the beer over time. It's really noticeable. As good as your beer is now, in a month it will be awesome, assuming it lasts that long. My last few bottles of IPA are about 2 months old, and they are so incredibly smooth....

Back