WoodPecker Cider??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
woodpeckers is an excellent cider but like all ciders very difficult to clone. There are no recipies her to do so.

It is nearly impossible to get the blend of apples they are producing their cider from which is the the first hurdle.

The second is (especially if you are bottling) that it is not easy to stop the fermentation before all of the sugars are fermented out. This puts you at a huuuge risk for bottle bombs.

If you are kegging, you may be able to cold crash it early and then keg it hoping the yeast will remain dormant.

most ciders come out dry, but there are a few (search graff) that will get you a sweeter product. In addition using ale yeasts instead of wine yeasts will help keep it a little sweeter. Many also let it ferment dry and backsweeten with unfermentable sugars such as splenda or lactose.

Also you could scroll down the main forum to that big mustard color box labeled Recipe database and click on the cider link, as I recall there are a couple woodchucky clones in there.

i brewed apple bee and it just wasnt for me, but to each their own. As you can see, others enjoyed it and that is great too.

Back