WLP006!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TurnipGreen

Reaction score
Best trip to the home brew shop ever this week!
I ran into town to get ingredients for a maibock to celebrate my dad’s 80th birthday. I was going to use WLP833 when the owner said they have Munich helles 860. And right there sitting next to the 860 was a vile of wlp006!

Bedford British! I love this yeast. Love it. I’m making an English mild with it next weekend. Then my house pale ale. Then I’m thinking something very British like and old style India pale ale.

awesome yeast. That was Monday and I’m still excited!

If you haven’t tried this yeast in your favorite American style pale ale, I really recommend it.

On white labs website it says that this has a "distinct ester profile". How would you describe it? I'm always looking for new yeasts to try that are less traveled for my hoppy beers.

I am also a big fan of this yeast, for years it was my preferred strain for bitters and drier-hoppy UK styles. If you have not tried it, use some invert syrup in your recipes featuring this yeast. Makes a beautiful pint.

The ester profile is a mix of soft fruity character with a bit of sulfur. Increased 02 helps reduce the sulfur production. Either way it adds a snappy crispness that is very pleasant in the same vein as a Burton strain.

Latest posts

Back