Wiring my AC unit for a walk in cooler

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tacomaguy20

Reaction score
I need some help with the wiring of my AC unit. I want to wire it to my temperature controller so that it is always cooling until the temperature controller shuts it off. I tried my best to make all the wires in the schematic the actual colors that they are. (grey equals white). From what I saw from another thread, the power cord black should just connect to the condenser black and I should bypass the thermostat and circuit board all together. I'm thinking that the yellow, orange, and red that go from the fan to the circuit board are for the fan controls low, medium, and high. Can I just connect the 2 black cables together as well as one of the fan cables so that everything turns on when my temperature controller turns on? If my logic on this is correct, what about the commons, are they ok where they are at? Also, there is a red cable going from the circuit board to the capacitor... should I do anything with that?

Untitled.jpg

Back