Wiring and Programming TSX3

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpoonBrew

Reaction score
I am having a hell of a time getting the Love Controller TSX3-500122 working correctly. I have it installed, and wired up-- to which the compressor works just dandy, though too dandy and wants to still freeze. The temp probes based on the wiring schema, are installed correctly, and I believe I have the controller programmed correctly based on the very minimal instructions. However, I cannot get the controller to manage the compressor. Has anyone installed this TSX3-500122 controller with success and would be willing to share photos or advice on wiring and/or programming? I'm at wits end with this thing.

Thanks!

If I can piggyback off this thread, believe more details could help you and the people trying to help...

I believe I have the same one. I followed this wiring diagram (so freezer is plugged into an outlet box with the controller between it and the wall outlet).

4757471802_bed5129228_b.jpg

I followed these programming instructions from another forum post.
sp > set point > the same as the low set point > 37 degrees
ro > differential/hysteresis > 3 degrees (37 to 40)
r1 > low set point > 37 degrees (continues to 33 degrees after off)
r2 > high set point > 40 degrees
do > cooling
d2 > defrost time > 0
d8 > defrost cycle > 24 hours
c0 > minimum stop > 40 minutes
c1 > cycle time > 0
c2 > ? > 0
c3 > ? > 0
pl > probe adjustment > 0
h5 > access code > 0
to > maximum temperature > 50

When plugged in to the appropriate outlet, and the temperature registering at roughly 14F, the compressor will still come on. Currently cooled to 3F. Also still always see the freezer's "on light" on. I just plugged it in, is there some kind of time we should be waiting for it to kick the settings in? I'm not sure how the min stop time and all that would affect this.

Thanks for the help all, I know it's common to ask about the Love controller settings but I believe I've got everything right after a lot of forum research.

If I can piggyback off this thread, believe more details could help you and the people trying to help...

I believe I have the same one. I followed this wiring diagram (so freezer is plugged into an outlet box with the controller between it and the wall outlet).

4757471802_bed5129228_b.jpg

When plugged in to the appropriate outlet, and the temperature registering at roughly 14F, the compressor will still come on. Currently cooled to 3F. Also still always see the freezer's "on light" on.

Change the wiring from screw terminal #7 to # 8 to turn the compressor ON/OFF when cooling is required.
In your case the compressor will run all the time if cooling is not required.

Cheers,
ClaudiusB

Back