wine

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

norn_irn

Reaction score
okay so i made a kit wine that tastes okay, cab sauv.
so i decided that id jump in and make up my own recipe, i used red grapes, small box of strawberries and some blueberries.
i let them ferment for a week the transferred them into secodary. now, after near two weeks there they are starting to clear really well, just looking at them makes you want to open and drink it.
i put a campden tab when 1st made up
so do i rack it again then let it sit for a month or what do i do

GAWA
Green and White Army

Rack it in a month again, add another campden tablet and let it sit for another month at least before bottling, then leave it to mature in the bottle for as long as you want, the longer the better, the greenness will get less and less with time.

cheers Eoin, thats what i was thinking. its in 1 gallon demijohn(carboy) so how much camden do i put in it?? its red like strawberry red looks really tasty

I just tend to chuck in a campden or two whenever I rack a gallon of wine. If I'm racking a 5 gallon then I'll crush three of them or so, I'm also a relative beginner at this, but when I rack I do notice that the fermentation is still going so the campden has hopefully done it's job and is helping as a preservative while not killing the yeast.

campden is potassium metabisulphite no worries. It is also available as sodium metabisulphite but is less commonly used as most try to avoid adding sodium based chemicals to the mix.

Latest posts

Back