Wine fridge, suitable?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scrapes

Reaction score
I'm looking into a fridge to ferment. The wine fridges keep popping up for sale. The size is good, bottom is flat, but that glass door?? And I question the insulation.

I think it would be convenient to see inside. Any thoughts from the experienced brewers?

Thanks for the reply, bob

If your fermentor fits, you should be good. Typically I ferment at 62-64*. Those temps should be easily handled by a wine fridge.
I am a tv dr. Not a refrigerator guy...

Wife bought me one on sale for Christmas. I would've preferred a 7cu. Ft. upright freezer to modify with an InkBird, but her heart is in the right place - it has a 42 bottle capacity and an onboard thermostat that goes from 60F -40F ( a range I will eventually test).
It will be something that expands the range of beers I can do year-round. Not as good as a modified freezer for lagering near 30F, but I will make it do by altering the yeasts and temps.
With the right environment, you can make a satisfying ale or lager by being flexible. It's good to know there are kveiks and saison yeasts that can do the job, if needed.

Works fine. That is what I use. I do use an STC-1000 and a bird bath heater to totally control temps

Back