wilserbrewer BIAB Bags midwinter free ship offer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wilserbrewer

BIAB Expert Tailor
HBT Sponsor
Reaction score
Been a long cold winter here in Jersey. I have been busy making bags for many common kettles and have inventory stacked high and ready to ship!

Blichmann, Spike, Bayou Classic, keggles, Mega pots, Concord, we got em!

Just include your kettle dimensions and FREE SHIP as note to seller on Pay Pal on any order, bag or package and I will refund shipping promptly!

Sale ends March 8, 2014.

Details here:
http://biabbags.webs.com/

Damn, I just placed an order this morning, then spotted this thread. Ah well, still a bargain, even with shipping.

Thanks for your order!
I'm easy, You are eligible for the free shipping, please email me a request to be certain who you are, and I will take care of it.

Wilser

Hi, Is the offer just for a bag, or will it go for one of the combos also? Ty

Thanks, maybe that wasn't clear so I edited the OP.

Anything and everything ships free! Multi bag orders additionally discounted, contact for pricing.

Thanks
Wilser

Ordered. Thanks!

I did forget to include FREE SHIP and my kettle size in the original order. DOH! I followed up with a note via your website. Let me know if you have any questions.

I got my bag yesterday and I can't wait to brew with it as well.
Thanks for the free shipping.

Well darn I was a little to early! HAHA! Awesome promotion, for an even better product! Customer Service is Amazing as well! Prompt email replies!

Just received my bag for a keggle. Very robust construction and stitched nicely. It fits perfectly--the bottom of the bag is just off the bottom of the keggle and the fit around the rim is snug. Also got a hops bag, and it's now attached to my hop spider. Looking forward to trying them next brew day.

Wilber, does it end tomorrow , Sunday, or today, the 8th?

Two posts up (posted today) you state the sale ends tomorrow, Sunday, March 8th! :)

Wilber, does it end tomorrow , Sunday, or today, the 8th?

Two posts up (posted today) you state the sale ends tomorrow, Sunday, March 8th! :)

Oops...my bad!

Lets make that Sunday, March 9th....I'm not a stickler for details, the sale is over when you say it's over, within reason of course....cheers!

Ordered. Thanks!

I did forget to include FREE SHIP and my kettle size in the original order. DOH! I followed up with a note via your website. Let me know if you have any questions.

Dang, that arrived quickly here on the West Coast; thanks! Looks good, too. Can't wait to try it out on my next beer.

Just placed an order (sadly missed the free shipping), but have a question. Is anyone using the full size BIAB's for hops with the thought of getting better utilization?

Just placed an order (sadly missed the free shipping), but have a question. Is anyone using the full size BIAB's for hops with the thought of getting better utilization?

The full size bags are quite large, I would think that the steam bubbles would just bring the large bag to the surface. I tossed in a couple of hop bags n/c for you to play with since I was also sad that you missed the sale. :)

I included a large boil bag since that seems to be your interest, and a small dry hop bag as well....cheers fellow Jerseyan.

I had the opportunity to try my new Wilserbrewer BIAB bag and hops bag this weekend on two brew sessions. The bag fits my keggle perfectly, and just enough material at the top to roll over the rim and fasten with a few spring clamps. I did have to "shape" the wet grain bag with paddles before lifting out of the 11.75" dia. opening in my keggle, as the grain bag swelled up slightly wider than that. But that is no fault of the bag. I'm glad I sanded the burrs off the cutout. And glad I bought the little ratchet pulley thing, as I was able to keep the bag suspended during this.

The hops bag worked great with my hop spider. I had tossed in a few 5/8" ss nuts for weights in the bottom.

The stitching on those bags is robust (maybe even overkill :)), and I won't have to worry about seams coming apart.

....cheers fellow Jerseyan.
Cheers and thanks! :mug:

Bags are impressive. Hope to get the chance to brew this weekend. One question for you or anyone else with experience. When using these bags to contain hop in the boil, is there a problem with the bag contacting the bottom of the pot and melting? If it makes a difference, I use an induction plate. The heat is concentrated into about a five inch ring.

Bags are impressive. Hope to get the chance to brew this weekend. One question for you or anyone else with experience. When using these bags to contain hop in the boil, is there a problem with the bag contacting the bottom of the pot and melting? If it makes a difference, I use an induction plate. The heat is concentrated into about a five inch ring.

I use a hop spider and pull up the bag so it hangs just off the bottom of my BK, then hold it in place with a ss hose clamp. If you don't have a hop spider you could perhaps set a dowel across the top and fasten the bag in a similar position just off the bottom.

Bags are impressive. ......When using these bags to contain hop in the boil, is there a problem with the bag contacting the bottom of the pot and melting? If it makes a difference, .

During the boil, the bag will tend to float upwards and not really contact the bottom of the pot. Unless you have a pound of hops holding the bag to the kettle bottom, burning the bag should not be an issue. With the movement of the wort during boil, I doubt scorching the bag is likely.

I'll be keeping an eye out for the next sale after my discretionary funds recover.

Back