• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

William's Brewing SS Counterflow Chiller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewmeister13

Reaction score
As the title says, I'm looking for a Stainless Counterflow Chiller, preferably the William's unit.

Aside from flat out buying one, I would also be willing to trade my current chiller. I currently have a Chillus Convolutus Wort Chiller with threaded 1/2" fittings on the in and the out from MoreBeer.

As the title says, I'm looking for a Stainless Counterflow Chiller, preferably the William's unit.

Aside from flat out buying one, I would also be willing to trade my current chiller. I currently have a Chillus Convolutus Wort Chiller with threaded 1/2" fittings on the in and the out from MoreBeer.

Hey BM,

Did you get the Williams SS chiller? If so, how did it perform vs. the Chilus Convolutus?

I have the SS and have wondered how they compare w/r/t/ chilling time.

Thanks!
-AD

I was asking on a thread about SS CFCs recently. It appears that none of the usual suspects sells them new anymore. However, you can buy various versions on aliexpress for shipment from China.

EDIT: I see this is an old thread, but hey, my info is correct as of mid 2017, and possibly useful.

Here is a link to a side by side I did:https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=584230

I will say, I've moved back to my copper CFC since using the stainless for 6-8 batches. The stainless is nice and chilling while recirculating it back into the kettle seems to be the way to go with it. However, I stopped chasing the LODO method (I adopted a lot of their methods on the cold side, but for my brewing didn't feel the effort on the hot side was worth it) and the copper CFC does perform quite a bit better going from the kettle through the CFC to the fermenter.

Also, if anyone is looking for the Williams Stainless CFC I'll sell the one I bought from Dan for a pretty good price. Just PM me.

Latest posts

Back