Will this work?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leapingbuddha

Reaction score
My 4th post. I do kegging half the year when I am in San Felipe, Baja Ca. When I am in Oregon I do bottling, because I do not have a extra frig. My idea (dont know if it will work) is to keep the keg outside the food frig. and have a coil or a cold sink inside the frig to keep the homebrew cold. I could have a tap on the door or a cobra hose inside. Will this work or is there another way to do this? I guess I could fill up a growler or two at a time and keep them cold in the frig.

Google jockey box. I think thats pretty much what you are going for?, just using the fridge for cooling and not ice.

Probably be best if you used a single pass cold plate submerged in a container of water. That way it stays cold and doesn't take up a ridiculous amount of fridge space.

I'd coil up this: Stainless Steel Tubing 1/4" OD, .194" ID, .028" Wall, 25' Coil and put it in a bin of water. You're going to need the length anyway because you have to run that keg at 20-25 PSI at room temp.

Back