Will this be a problem? 650SS Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kjuckett1025

Reaction score
I saw it mentioned in a perlicks 650 thread, but I did not see any responses as to if it is a physical issue or just cosmetic.

Thanks for the input.

I'm surprised you haven't gotten higher quality feedback by now.
I thought there were quite a few folks running the flow-control model.

If they don't leak at the coupler gasket, I guess it's just a cosmetic thing.

I'd love a nice tight shot like those but of the back of the faucet with the compensator fully extended (minimum flow setting?) to see if that explains the "extra thread theory"...

Cheers!

I definitely believe the issue is the Shank isn't seating far enough into the tap, given the flow control valve is somewhat in the way.

Ive added images with the valve at what I'd assume is normal, then fully open. The valve protrudes from the tap quite a bit. Again, I haven't had a chance to test anything yet as not only are not all my parts in, but it will be a project that won't be completed rather soon, and I'd still need to brew beer to put in the keg.

My main concern is it looks like on the connector from the shank, there are the little holes for tightening. The holes dont appear to be past the thread or washer. Id be worried beer would spray out.

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1421851524.664901.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1421851540.992776.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1421851549.490589.jpg

Fabulous pictures - thanks very much for those, I haven't had a good look at the workings of the 650 aside from the diagrams.

Yeah, that projects out pretty far. Obviously you'd fully retract the compensator when you attach it to the shank, and then I wonder if the shank interface is the governor. It looks like it might.

As for the coupler nut holes, it doesn't matter where they are as long as the faucet is squished against the shank gasket without enough engaged thread to be confident it isn't going anywhere...

Cheers!

Latest posts

Back