Wild Card Weekend

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fiery Sword

Reaction score
Any thoughts, predictions or manifestos for this weekend's slate of playoff games? The only game I'm terribly confident in picking is Seattle over Dallas. Romo's got nothing - Dallas has fallen apart. Parcells is probably doing his classic look-for-another-job-while-in-the-playoff-race move. I'd like to see Philly take out the Giants but this matchups does nothing for me anyway.

I like Indy getting Kansas City.....it should be nice seeing Larry Johnson rip up the Indy D. The main question, as always, is whether WoManning will be unstoppable or not. I hate the guy because he is so damn good.......when Indy beat the Pats earlier in the season he had one of the most discouraging performances I could have hoped for. He was hitting holes the size of the ball from his back foot.....the pass rush was good, and the coverage was good enough but he simply could not be stopped. I hate him. But he is no Brady. :D

I'm a bit hesitant about the Pats/Jets though. I'd say hands down, though, that the Pats are the better team in almost all phases of the game but the Jets are on a roll, and the Pats have been inconsistent all year. The saving grace is that China Doll Pennington always shats a brick when when he plays the Pats to I can count on 2-3 picks - and I will personally garuntee that Asante Samuel finds the end zone on one of them. Mark it down!!!!

KC--Run, run, run. FU Peyton.
SEA--This is a tough pick for me, but I've gotta go with the Walrus.
PHI--They are on a roll. Game will be closer than people think though.
NE--Don't bet against Brady or Belichick in the playoffs.

Those are my winners this weekend.

Should be good games .... Here's my picks, not my preferences.

Colts - even thought I hate Payton
Cowboys - although I won't be pulling for them
Eagles
Jets - i'm also thinking upset here

Bah, you're a chicken!

I think the Pats will win, but I doubt they'll cover. Looks like about a nine point spread, on average. The Pats have been having problems against teams coached by Belichick discipiles (sp?), the Jets and the 'Fins most notably. So I would not be surprised to see this prove to be a pretty competitive (likely ugly) game.

EDIT: Incidentally, am I the only FFB guy who checked in with how "my guys" did last week? Willie Mo had a big week, Maroney got in the end zone, pretty sure Colston had a TD. Would have done OK.

I wish somebody would pick the Eagles to loose...Philly does better as underdogs. GO BIRDS!!!

I can see Indy loosing - both Mannings crying home to mom would be great. Seriously, they lost to Houston...that is a embarrasing.

I actually think the Pats might take the Jets. NY is on a little roll, but NE is a perennial performer in the post season.

I never want to see Dallas win anyting...except a contact extention with Capt. Self-destructo (TO)

Fiery Sword said:
The saving grace is that China Doll Pennington always shats a brick when when he plays the Pats to I can count on 2-3 picks - and I will personally garuntee that Asante Samuel finds the end zone on one of them. Mark it down!!!!
<pats self on back>:D :rockin: :ban: :tank:

Back