Wild Blue

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quixand

Reaction score
Got this tonight in a pick 6 from my local microbrew packy.

I gotta tell you, this got a mostly horrible review over at BA....I really liked it.
I suppose that is because I have quite a sweet tooth, and was in the mood for something sweet tonight.

My only problem with this "lager"...is the artificial flavoring. They can say anything they want about using all natural ingredients but this one doesn't contain ANY.

Does anyone have a similar recipe for this beer using blueberries that removes that cloy sweetness...but still keeps a sweet Blueberry Lager?

For an exact replica of this brew: take one smirnoff ice and add 10x blueberry jolly ranchers... j/k... sort of...

I bought some a few months ago just to see what it was like; plus the 8% alcohol was attractive (I was looking for a quick hit at the time). However, I couldn't even drink them. Poured the first one in a glass (not sure if you've done this yet) - the thing was PURPLE!!!

To each his own though...

My recommendation for blueberry brews would be Sweetwater Blue and then maybe Seadog Blue Paw Wheat (it's a little sweeter than the sweetwater, but dryer than Wild Blue)

The Wild Blue was awesome in color, very cool. And a very good taste...at first. LOL The sweetness became very cloying after about half a pint. The SWMBO loved it..but by the bottom of the glass agreed it was too sweet.

So I don't think I'll be doing a wheat beer...but I'll check out that Sweetwater Blue for sure if I can find it.

Back