Wife was awesome yesterday

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beernik

Reaction score
Yesterday I was sitting on the couch watching tv. My wife was on the computer IMing a friend when she looks at me and says, "how would you feel if I went to a girl's day brunch every other Sunday?"

Honestly, my first thought was "great, I'll get to watch our daughter all my myself for another 4 hours."

Maybe it showed on my face because she immediately followed up with, "and I'll take our daughter and so you can have time to brew."

"Sure, I'm okay with that."

First brunch is this Sunday.

Awesome.

You should brew up her favourite, and be sure to let her know (in a subtle way) that it's just for her. Regards, GF.

Nice move. I'll have to use that whole "wait a minute before responding" technique!

That is bad ass. I should leave this page up on the laptop at home for when she gets on next :D My wife is doing her 'Mommy club" lunch today, while I'm at work.

Nice. Alone time is great! Might want to just kick back and have a nap your first day alone :D

When my kids where real young I used to look forward to sunday so I would have some time to myself. Now that they're older... I try to get them involved in my hobbies and let Momma fend for herself:) Now she can have sundays while I have a couple of helpers:) Sounds like you gotta great wife OP.

I'm kind of tapped out of bottles right now. But I discovered yesterday that my barleywine is ready and I can start making empties again.

While I sit here in the dark while the thunder snow storm that knocked out the power rages outside, I'm thinking the first brew will be a Pliny kit seeings as I can't buy it in this state. And at the same time I'll pick up a 6 liter PET bottle minikeg kit.

Back