WI peeps- Whats New Glarus' year round suprise??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

azingsheim

Reaction score
I've seen on their web site that they're advertising a year round surprise that should have been out in February. I just checked the site and it still doesn't say what it is......anyone know??

I would imagine this is related to their "Thumbprint Series" (formerly "Unplugged"). When i toured last in December, they were in the process of brewing something i've never heard of coming from them - i suppose it should hit shelves soon. It was some german-type style with huge proportions of rye and smoked malt.

The smoked rye is in the unplugged series and has been out for a while. I haven't seen anything more recent from them, they must be running behind schedule a bit.

I was there on Friday and they didn't have anything new yet, must be running behind like sonetlumiere85 said.

The rumor on BeerAdvocate is that the Year Round Surprise is going to be Two Women Lager which was originally a brewery only R&D release. It's a Bohemian pilsener made with Moravian floor-malted grain & Bohemian hops, I believe.

Interesting....I haven't yet had the smoked rye - I think that has been out for about 3 months or so now....the Two Women lager sounds very boring......I was hopoing for something more interesting...

Interesting....I haven't yet had the smoked rye - I think that has been out for about 3 months or so now....the Two Women lager sounds very boring......I was hopoing for something more interesting...

Well, the interesting things almost always go into the Unplugged series or the seasonal beers. NG sells so much beer to everyday Wisconsin folks that drinkable beers that can appeal to non beer geeks has to be the focus of the year round beers. Personally, a really good, authentic Bohemian pils sounds great -- something you can almost never get in the states. There's Pilsner Urquell, but it's so often light struck from the green bottles.

Back