Why I hate my relatives (A RANT)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snccoulter

Reaction score
So some of yo know I was retired from the Air Force about 3 weeks ago now. I am just waiting for the VA to make a decision on my disability status so I can start my Vocational Rehab and move on with my family's and my life. For the interim while I am in school we will be living with my mother in law. She knows we are moving everything we own in to the house on the 22nd, 23rd and 24th. but this brilliant you know what decided it would be nice to invite family over for the holidays. (like it is not stressful enough during the holidays not counting a move of over 900 miles unpacking and getting the house ready for 3 kids in 3 days) she has to throw more people into the mix and a demanding SOB at that... My kids are really usually very good because I wont let them act like little ****s, but this week they have been a bit stressed as it is, so that are acting out. I can deal with it, but the Mother F@#$%^ that is married to my Wife's aunt is a Cock Sucker and will not do anything that they can do where they can have some fun. To keep the peace I have been muzzled. I have been a cop for 15 years it is not like me to keep my mouth shut. The Ass has had control of the remote since he has gotten here and the TV has been on news or sports ever since. My kids being 5, 3, and 15 months are not interested. So they find stuff to do. Unfortunately the 2 oldest are boys and hey get into stuff. If they want to watch something they have to go into their room to do it. Not exactly a fantastic Christmas for them.. Watch news/sports and be with the family or go th their room and watch something fun.... Today the Ass walked in and took the remote for my boy and changed the channel to a football game while my boys were watching motocross. And when my wife says something he Fuc*%&G says Joni (MIL) tell them who is the master of this house like we are fuc%*&g dogs..... I pick my self up off the couch and head back to the master bedroom where my wife and I stay because if I do say something I will not STOP and I will alienate everyone. and i have to stay sober or my internal filter will cease to exist. I do this only for my wife because I love her but if she takes the leash off this dog will bite...

So your inlaws are letting you stay with them during a time in life you need their help, and you're expecting them to cancel christmas since you're moving and you expect them to give up control of their house and tv when your boys have one in their room? Is that correct?

No I don't think you get it the MIL has nothing but the house but a little bit of Goodwill furniture. We brought in a furnished home and we do not need the help. We will be paying most of the house payment, utilities and food. we could have stayed in our the rental house in UT but she requested to move here so she could be near the grandkids while I go to school and we obliged. Christmas would not have been here but we are here so it followed us. Oh and the TV's are mine the Direct TV is mine that I have been paying for here ever since she moved into the house the cell phone is mine that I have been paying for her for the last 5 years. She lived with us while she was unemployed so she would not be in the streets. Her insurance for her car is mine. So yes I expect a little bit of of charity when it comes to my kids!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tell jerkass "My TV, my kids can watch whatever they want....."
Leave the room and duck on you way out to let the $h!t hit the fan behind you.

I would never do that, but it would be fun for you to.

No I don't think you get it the MIL has nothing but the house but a little bit of Goodwill furniture. We brought in a furnished home and we do not need the help. We will be paying most of the house payment, utilities and food. we could have stayed in our the rental house in UT but she requested to move here so she could be near the grandkids while I go to school and we obliged. Christmas would not have been here but we are here so it followed us. Oh and the TV's are mine the Direct TV is mine that I have been paying for here ever since she moved into the house the cell phone is mine that I have been paying for her for the last 5 years. She lived with us while she was unemployed so she would not be in the streets. Her insurance for her car is mine. So yes I expect a little bit of of charity when it comes to my kids!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are correct, I didn't get it. I'd tell that jackass that he is welcome to be master of his "house" but you'll limit all the utilities and tv services to the rooms you and yours are staying in. I think I'd be looking for a new palce to stay quick even if it's a temporary apt. That sounds like a ****ty situation for your whole family to deal with.

I am going to give it a while here to see if it will improve with a bit of time. Also moving the kids again would be too stressful for them at this time. We have told them this is home and I would like to be able to keep it that way just so they have a stable environment while I go to school then we will move to the Springfield OR area to live our lives a minimum 7 hours away from any relatives well unless they decide to move near us... halfway between my parents and her's will be nice...

You need to tell (ask) your wife to put her mother in line. If what you say is true, then it is your wife that needs to assert herself with your MIL if you are going to have any semblance of a relationship after this. If your wife cannot or will not put her mother in her place, you need to pack up your family and walk. Find another place to rent and let your MIL fend for herself.

As for the "Jerk" a man-to-man conversation outside out of earshot from any other family members would be appropriate. If he doesn't get it at that point, disconnect your DTV reciever and let him suck @##$.

If your boys are mobile and you live in Kid Central for activities and outdoor beauty-- run away! What do you want them to remember being cooped up with A.H. os doing stuff with dad?

i have always adopted the runaway philosphy in UT but rather than fight over remote we have to fight over religion so I pack up the kids and go find something to do rather than slow burn.

This year snowshowing and skiing in the only snow we have seen so far. Back home in time to eat and tired kids are soon sleeping kids.....

Back