Why do you homebrew...general thoughts on the process.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I initially got into brewing b/c I liked the idea of cloning a beer I really like. I agree with the previous poster who said they like that they can brew a seasonal any time of year.

Now, it is the endless thirst for knowledge and brewing creativity that drives my passion.

Plus, I loved the fact that I could give a 6-pack to friends on Christmas who were good friends but not good enough to buy a gift for. :D

I ran across this thread today and wanted to see what made home brewing so interesting to other people. Everyone seems to like the creativity/fun/process but I think for me it fills a desire to make or build something. I get a great satisfaction from brewing that is very simular to building something. With beer we build a beautiful sweet nectar of grains and hops, but then there is that magic of the yeast turning that into alcohol that sets this hobby apart from others. Then with patience we get to drink our own creation.
Man what a satisfied feeling I get from drinking my own beer !

Back