Why didn't I switch to electric sooner?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rpolzin25

Reaction score
So the other night I just did my inaugural brew on my electric brew in a bag setup and this was honestly the easiest, quickest, most hassle free brew I have ever had. So glad I made the switch and huge thanks to everyone who gave me tips and info on the build of my system. Special shout out to augiedoggy for answering all my sitemail questions and doug293cz for helping me figure out wiring.

I know I have seen multiple posts saying you need a vent over the kettle due to the moisture and that was definitely something I had no issue with as I don't have a vent and didn't have any dense fog or anything like that. I did; however, hear from my wife about how the entire house smelled like brewing beer so in that aspect a vent likely would have been useful.

I'll attach a couple photos from brew day. I do still need to build a post for my panel yet and waiting for my riptide pump to come in at my LHBS.

Pot.jpg

Panel.jpg

So I don't post a lot, but just finished a 3 vessel single tier eherms build, every time I had an issue with wiring, pid setting, or hardware, I would google a solution, and augiedoggy was ALWAYS the response that I found and would rely on.

Thanks Guys , Glad I could help... I Know can be a pain in the ass sometimes here too but I usually mean well :tank:

PS. pass on the knowledge guys, I learned most of what I share from others here or personal experience.

I'm about to get a whole new lesson as im in the process of opening a 3bbl nano and taproom!

I know I have seen multiple posts saying you need a vent over the kettle due to the moisture and that was definitely something I had no issue with as I don't have a vent and didn't have any dense fog or anything like that. I did; however, hear from my wife about how the entire house smelled like brewing beer so in that aspect a vent likely would have been useful.

It's a matter of how much room volume, and how dry the air is to absorb all the vapor. In a small room, moist climate, you will need good ventilation.

My wife likes the smell of brewing, fortunately! Thinks it make the house smell great! She is a beer drinker with similar IPA preferences to me, which is another bonus.

Those two guys you thanked are money. They have been helping people in a similar fashion for a while. I agree, kudos to them.

+1, thanks guys (they both helped and still help me) and awesome to hear you love your setup, happy brewing

Back