Why did your brew day get canceled?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TexasDroughtBrewery

Reaction score
Well, had everything ready and purchased my brother (brewing partner) came over and we completely got side tracked by the release of Battlefield One.

My Defense:

I just recently had a baby she is three months old now and this weekend was also one of the first times my wife took her and went to a friends baby shower so my brother and I were free of responsibility! I haven't been able to sit down in front of the TV to play a game for more than 30 mins in a LONG time. This weekend was glorious but brew day was canceled.

Soccer game, lacrosse game, lacrosse practice and a hoop game. But that is like most weekends. Tte main reason was the wind. Took out the kettle and MT to wet test on the Blichmann burner that I had everything put back on nice and tight. After a quick run through, there was plenty of unwanted material in the kettle and MT.

Spent the time I had designated for my brew day, rearranging my garage to prepare it for an "indoor" brew day on Saturday.

6 inches of snow and power outages (yesterday). Plus the wife found where we are storing the Jeep for the winter so had to get that taken care of. At least it was still a productive day.

6 inches of snow and power outages (yesterday). Plus the wife found where we are storing the Jeep for the winter so had to get that taken care of. At least it was still a productive day.

I forget its actually fall in most places LOL. In Texas we are sitting around 70 degrees which means people are breaking out their jackets :ban:

It won't really get cold enough to effect brew days until mid November..maybe early Dec.

Sick kids has done it in the past. Cold weather has done it once or twice(-10+ windchills). Good luck brewing when you can't get water out of the hose or propane out of the tank.

I forget its actually fall in most places LOL. In Texas we are sitting around 70 degrees which means people are breaking out their jackets :ban:

It won't really get cold enough to effect brew days until mid November..maybe early Dec.

A lot of Vermont didn't even get snow but I decided to live in the mountains. 70 degrees would be nice for a little longer.

I made a sarcastic comment to SWMBO about getting Xmas decorations out before Halloween. Cut to me and her wandering around the neighborhood park, hunting for pinecones for a DIY wreath she wants to make

Ordering stuff on Wednesday, pay for next day delivery, plan to brew Friday. Order being delivered a good 2 weeks after that, we're very sorry.

When my daughter was born I also discovered that a dad's free time comes in 2 hours increments for the first 2 years or so.

My last brew day was supposed to be a double batch day. By the end of the boil for a 2-row/Centennial SMaSH I was swarmed by bees. Right as I turned on the hose for the chiller one of them decided my ankle needed a stinger. After pulling 4 out of the eventually cooled wort, scraping a stinger from my ankle and realizing one of them had ended up in the fermentor I decided to call it a day.

Most of the time it's some form of sport practice for one of the kids or some other family activity my wife "forgot" to tell me about until the night before I want to brew something

I've postponed my brewing for the week just now in fact, my new garage door is coming in 2 weeks early so I've moved the entire contents of my garage into the rear 1/3 to let the installers work, can't brew unless I'm willing to build some sort of bridge using my ladder...
hmmm...
I'll be back.

I think I get to brew last weeks beer this weekend, but with having an infant in the house I can just as easily posting another cancelation. *fingers crossed*

a 2 year old and a 2.5 month old usually wreak my brew day plans. That and the wife telling me I need to get x, y, and z done before I can brew which I can never get done because of the lack of free time I have atm. It'll get better as time goes on though. She runs a small work from home business and she has a sale this Sunday. Maybe I can get a batch in while I'm with the kiddos. I hope so because my keg kicked last night and I have no more beer!!!!!

I know the feels, I am on my last 5 gallons of beer right now. It just finished carbonating. NEED MORE BEER!

Back