Who's Brewing this Weekend: Oct 5

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ó Flannagáin

Reaction score
Went ahead and got a head start. My Bavarian Hefeweizen is chilling now. In preparation of a big brew weekend, gotta fill the empty fermenters. Haven't decided what yet. I have a English Ale yeast and a Belgian Abbey II. Think I might join Evan with a tripel and have no clue what to do with the English. Maybe a ESB? Never even drank and ESB before.

Hefe chillin:

5lb german wheat
3lb german pils
2lb munich 10l

hallertauer .75oz 45min
hallertauer .25oz 15min

EDIT: Actually it's the wyeast weihenstaphen hefe

Brewed Monday and Wednesday, so not this weekend...

Have an ESB that is nearing the finish of primary (went crazy for 48 hours, but down to 1 burp every 20-30 secs) and a Citrus Weizen still chugging away (non-stop burp action)...

Both recipes are in the recipe section under their respective styles.

I really need to brew my IPA, but I'm going to be out of town. =/ Maybe I'll slate it for next Sunday when I'll have some time to chill.

:mug: Hammerhead clone
7.5 gal.batch

8lb. Light DME
2.25lb Crystal 80

3oz. Cascade @60
2 oz. Cascade@ 30
1 oz. Cascade@ flameout

Full 8 gal. boil, so far one of my staples:tank:

I'm going to attempt my first double brew on Sunday. I'm going to brew a Gruit for Christmas and my IPA for selection in case there's a beer swap in my near future.

Got my starters going tonight!

:cross:

Spyk'd said:
I'm going to attempt my first double brew on Sunday. I'm going to brew a Gruit for Christmas and my IPA for selection in case there's a beer swap in my near future.

Got my starters going tonight!

:cross:

Hmmmmm... I definitely need to do my seasonal brew. That's it, ESB is out, Pumpkin Ale is in.

Gonna do BierMuncher's Guinness clone. I don't have any beer gas but I want to see how it comes out anyway.

I'm going to make a Lagunita's based IPA. Then follow it with my first stout, or maybe another IPA. I love IPA's.

Im gonna try my hardest to get something brewed, just not sure what. Either a APA, or a Ale Oktoberfest.

i WAS going to be brewing an american pale ale

now work is giving me the bone and i have to work all weekend:mad: so im going to try to brew tommorro night if i get off early!!

Well, my starters are acting pretty weak. They are from washed yeast, and this is my first time using washed yeast. The Belgian Abbey II is showing some airlock activity.... very little, and the English Ale yeast is not showing anything. Only been 7 hours though, so I"m not gonna stress. I'll hopefully be using the english ale yeast Saturday night, that's 40 hours from now .. sooo

I just kegged my English IPA, then I'm racking the Oatmeal Stout to secondary, and I'll be brewing an Ordinary Bitter. English hops and yeast all throughout...

Going to transfer my Stout onto some oak cubes and bourbon this weekend for aging. Monday I'm brewing Jamil's Holiday Spice Ale.

Really busy weekend for me. Hitting the Farmers Market in the morning for some fresh from the orchard cider to make a nice spiced cider for winter. I've got 23L of fresh from the vineyard Niagara Gewürztraminer grape juice to pick up and get started. I'm also doing my Jack the rIPA and my rye ale. Good thing it's a long weekend for us up here. :D

Definitely bottling Denny Conn's Rye IPA. Fermented US05 on the really low side and this thing has all sorts of big citrus aromas and flavors. Massive dry hop with Cascade leaf hops.

Possibly brewing my barleywine that I can't see to find the time to brew.......

I'm not brewing this weekend but I am going to the World Beer Festival in Durham, NC.

I'm going to brew a Winterhook clone next week, probably on Tuesday.

Not brewing this weekend. Haven't really brewed in almost 2 months, with the exception of Apfelwein.
Just have about 3 cases of bottles to clean and a bout a case and a half of wine bottles to clean.

Blast. I wasn't planning on it. The stuff to make my Tripel Twins is still on a UPS truck. But you know what? We've got no plans whatsoever this weekend, except finishing up the renovation of our basement stairs, which is just a short length of trim and painting a little piece of ceiling. Hmmm. You chumps always make me wanna brew when I should be taking a break. But I really need a good haughty stout for the winter...and I've been eying Lagunitas' Cappucinno Stout from the BYO clones. I've got everything I need to brew it. DAMNIT! gotta talk myself out of this. I've bottled 8 cases' worth in the past week and a half...it's not like I really need more beer.

I have my starter going and will be brewing a PM Stone Ruination clone either saturday afternoon or sunday. I have an IIPA, and Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale in the bottle aging and will be bottling my anchor liberty this weekend (though I dry hopped with amarillo rather than cascade because thats what I had on hand). Should be busy.

Greg

I head out of town tomorrow (Sat).

So, I did last night what any respectable brewer would do…got My Old Speckled Hen out of my primaries, harvested the Notty yeast cake, got the brew gear all set up, crushed the grains for my Gold Rush Ale and I’m sneaking out of work early today to get 10-gallons into buckets tonight. :D

Getting syked up to do brewpastor's recipe of Stoneface RIS on Sat. First time doing this one and I haven't read any results from anyone how this will turn out. Made a 2 liter starter yesterday on stir-plate. Hope that'll be enough yeast to turn this mutha out! Gonna keg it too.

Happy brewing all!

BierMuncher said:
I head out of town tomorrow (Sat).

So, I did last night what any respectable brewer would do…got My Old Speckled Hen out of my primaries, harvested the Notty yeast cake, got the brew gear all set up, crushed the grains for my Gold Rush Ale and I’m sneaking out of work early today to get 10-gallons into buckets tonight. :D

I hear ya on the sneaking out of work. I work from home, but I got up at 4:30 this morning and started working, just in case my starter is going good this after noon and I feel like brewing :mug:

I would like to be brewing this weekend, but right now I'm kind of in the bottling mode... I've got all three of my primarys emptied and cleaned up, and I've got one beer in secondary to bottle, then I've got a little bit of reorganizing and rearranging to do in my brewing area before I gear up to start brewing again.

Some of you might remember I was planning on doing 3 all-grains in one day for my first All Grain brew session. We'll I still haven't given up on the idea, and I'm still planning on doing it - but after everyone's feedback about how long it would take and how much work it would be, I decided I needed some more preparation and to invest in some extra equipment If I was going to be able to pull it off.

I purchased a 2 burner propane stove, and a seperate turkey fryer/crawfish boiler style propane burner. I bought a rubbermaid cooler for conversion into a mash tun, but I'm having second thoughts about doing the conversion and I'm thinking about ordering a couple of new large pots with false bottoms and spigots on the side and using them instead. Hopefully I'm going to be able to afford to get the last of the equipment that I'll need by the 15th of the month, and I can order it then. Also, I really want to get a therminator wort chiller - I found a homebrew store about an hour away from home that carrys them, and they're open on the weeked so maybe next week I can go there an pick up the chiller and stock up on some ingredients and then I'll be ready to join the big leagues - ha ha ha

Doing 10 gallons of Yuri's Thunderstruck pumpkin ale on saturday, then 6 of my 8 carboys will be occupied. I think I might do an oatmeal stout next weekend, but with two nights at the Great American BeerFest and a concert the night after, I might be kinda wasted.

I'm going to keg my Bierre de Garde then brew a Tripple to toss on the yeast cake. I'm acutaly breaking out my herms setup to do a stepped mash on it. My only concern is if the MLT will hold the 28 pounds of grain in the grain bill. :) Might be a close call.....

I need to brew a 5 Barrel Pale Ale clone for a guy that gave me his Ice cream freezer in trade.

But, i really want to get an Oatmeal stout rolling so i have it for the cold months.

What to do!

No brewing for me for the next couple of weekends. I'll be hitting the road to GABF tomorrow at 6:00am! :rockin:

Nothing for me this weekend or for the next couple of months! The brewery is packed up and I'll be spending most every weekend getting things boxed up and ready to move at the end of November. Fortunately, I have four batches of homebrew in various stages of fermentation or conditioning.:)

At least tomorrow I'm going to an annual Oktoberfest nearby and a German restaurant with a killer beer menu for dinner afterwards! Gonna have some Lagunitas Undercover Investigation Shutdown on tap!
:tank:

this weekend i'm supposed to help a friend make a pale ale...he wants an "anchor steam" style (which isn't really a pale ale IMO)...but we have to do it as an ale (i'm not using lager yeasts at possible 70+ temperatures). I'm thinking more anchor liberty style.

We're going to use northern brewer hops and some homegrown cascade ;)

this will be the 2nd of 3 brews for this years desert trip...all with these homegrown hops:

Coffee Porter: Fuggle, Cascade, Hallertau
Pale Ale: Cascade
Dunkel-Weisse: Hallertau

nummy :)

Rhoobarb said:
At least tomorrow I'm going to an annual Oktoberfest nearby and a German restaurant with a killer beer menu for dinner afterwards! Gonna have some Lagunitas Undercover Investigation Shutdown on tap!
:tank:

Going to Chef Paul's without the SNIZZLE crew? <Sniff>

I've been having a hankering for that place. Just need the weather to be a bit cooler before I dive into heavy german food.

As for brewing, I'm torn between brewing a Sorachiweissen and not (since I really don't have an empty corny).

Back