Who's Brewing? 09/15

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jfrizzell

Reaction score
Ok, who's brewing today? I am! Watching some college football, drinking an Irish red that I brewed and brewing BYO's Fat Tire clone. This will be the first batch that I keg! Woo hoo!

Life is good...now if the Cyclones could just win! :ban: :mug:

Thanks. You know how people say "I had it coming out of all holes?" Well, I really did. I woke up in the middle of the night puking through my nose. That was a new experience for me.

tonights plan.....
bottling lawnmower honey brew & priming with honey
black hole goes in secondary
brewing with viena malt & light crystal with cascade hops
also bottling some Edworts Appfelwein

I had to buy more bottles today. I haven't been drinking enough!

jfrizzell said:
And so they do!!!!!!!

Way to go Cyclones!!!!!! :ban: :ban: :mug: :mug:

I can't find the game here, but BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Michigan - ND is a pretty interesting game.

"... puking through my nose." Been there. Last time was, mercifully, about 25 years ago. Lost 20 pounds in ten days. One of those times where it's scary to live by yourself.

Hope to brew Monday. Been cutting the meadow, but now I have to sharpen the blades.

I brewed pumpkin ale last night. Didn't get started until around 7pm or so and drank a bunch of different types of beers and shot a lot of whiskey. Stayed up pretty late....2am'ish. Woke up this morning about 7:15 with a nasty hangover. Had to go back to bed for a couple of hours, then hit the gym...hangover gone. Now it's college football and bloody marys and more beers.

I used the Thunderstruck Pumpkin Ale recipe i found on this board. I modified it a little.....It's looking a smelling reeeeeeeal niiiiiice.

DSC01758.jpg

DSC01759.jpg

DSC01760.jpg

DSC01761.jpg

Cheesefood said:
...puking through my nose...
That's a smell that lingers too. :eek:

I did up 10 gallons of Anchor Steam last night. Not sure what to do with mysoef today, cuz usually I brew on Saturdays.

Guess I'll...umm...drink something. Or something(s).:mug:

Finally brewing after about 2 months. Iv'e got some hefeweizen going right now, I'm on the second decoction. :ban:

Brewing a small 2.5 gallon batch: (A bit of a leftover surprise)

Type: Extract
Batch Size: 3.00 gal
Boil Time: 60 min Equipment: Brew Pot (3 Gallon)

Ingredients

Amount Item Type % or IBU
4 lbs Light Dry Extract (8.0 SRM) Dry Extract 56.7 %
2 lbs Pale Liquid Extract (8.0 SRM) Extract 28.3 %
8.0 oz Honey Malt (25.0 SRM) Grain 7.9 %
8.0 oz Caramel/Crystal Malt - 15L (15.0 SRM) Grain 7.1 %
1.00 oz Centennial [10.40%] (0 min) (Aroma Hop-Steep) Hops -
1.00 oz Centennial [10.40%] (5 min) (Aroma Hop-Steep) Hops -
1.00 oz Chinook [12.20%] (60 min) Hops -
0.50 items Whirlfloc Tablet (Boil 15.0 min) Misc
1 Pkgs California Ale (White Labs #WLP001) Yeast-Ale

Beer Profile

Est Original Gravity: 1.084 SG
Measured Original Gravity: 1.010 SG
Est Final Gravity: 1.019 SG Measured Final Gravity: 1.005 SG
Estimated Alcohol by Vol: 8.6 % Actual Alcohol by Vol: 0.6 %
Bitterness: 0.0 IBU Calories: 43 cal/pint
Est Color: 12.9 SRM Color: Color

Today was College Football day. I was at the PSU - Buffalo game. Tomorrow is NFL football/Fantasy Football and Brewing day. I'm doing an IIPA and a Red Ale. And I finally get to sleep it, if the the little daughter allows.

Cheers,

Yup, I'm brewing up a wheat right now, and enjoying a Two Heatred IPA from Bell's. Next up is some DFH 120 min IPA. :rockin:

I made an APA today. It was my first PM and went fairly well. I think I screwed up the sparge and had a crappy efficiency, but I fixed it up with what I thought was enough extra DME. I only missed my OG by 2 points when it was all done.

My friends kept complaining, "When are you going to make another hefeweizen???" so I decided today was a good time. Mash is about half done.

I brewed my very first batch today, and extract pale ale kit. A few mistakes, but went well over all.

Thanks Brewsmith, I hope it turns out well. Time and my ginuea pigs (SWMBO and brother/sister inlaw) will tell.

My friends seem to like lighter beers, at least on the hop side of things. Every hefe, amber, blonde or kolsch seems to go fast. Dark or hoppy and I get it all to myself. :D

Yesterday was my target brew date, I missed it because of various things.

So TODAY is my Thunderstruck Pumpkin Ale day. :) Grains steeping as I type.

brewed a nut brown ale yesterday morning before the football game. Went out and bought myself an outdoor burner to speed up the boil. It seemed to take forever to get the boil going on my stove. It was time for me to splurge. Oh man, what a relief. Much quicker. The brew is now in my primary along with my irish red ale I brewed last wednesday. Can't wait to get them bottled and ready just in time for the second half of football season. happy brewing!

Back