who is brewing today? (sat 01-29-11)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rodneypierce

Reaction score
I have 2 brews going on today. An AHS Double Chocolate Stout, and AHS Franziskaner hefewiezen.

After this, I will have a few things in my pipe line. A Continental Dark that will get bottled next weekend, a Cider that has been fermenting now for 3 weeks, then these 2 wonderful beers. Better get to drinking, I need more bottles!!!

Gonna be a long day of brewing :mug:

I just completed my second extract brew, Midwest's Octane IPA. This hobby is way too much fun and I have come to completely understand why it can cost so much. Today I decided I need to add some valves to my kegs. Next time who knows what I will want to add...something cool I bet. ;)

Following up on a delicious Oatmeal Stout my brothers and I selected for our very first brew only a couple of months ago, we tweeked the recipe last Sunday.

Doubling the bittering hops, doing a first wort hop with galena, and finishing with more galena than kent's goldings in the original recipe, we may just have an Oatmeal IPA on the way.

We also bottled up a red ale that had been sitting in the primary for about a month and cold crashed for another week.

Cheers!

Just about to mashout on batch #2 for today. 10 gallons of Hefe earlier, 10 gallons of BM's Centennial Blonde mashing now. I'm not using centennial hops though, so I guess it's a Willamette Blonde.

KC, awesome man!! Busy day for you also. I have a Franziskaner Hefe going right now as we speak. That will be my last one of the day also.

Last edited by a moderator:
im brewing today but im a beginner (not as cool as you guys) so im doing a cooper real ale kit i cant wait to learn more and do what you guys do i love brewing

Got a Boddington's Pub Ale clone boiling now (all grain)... Got more brews that will need to be bottled either tomorrow or before end of next weekend...

Working to build a solid pipeline... :D That's more than half the fun.

I brewed a Blue Moon Clone on Saturday in addition to Racking a Hop Back clone to secondary and dry hopping it and cleaning 3 corny kegs... Definitly a productive Saturday!

Triple batch day

AG Brown Porter
AG Robust Porter - Great Lakes Edmund clone
Extract Weizenbock

time to rest.....

Back