Who is brewing this weekend and what?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tucker713

Reaction score
Just wanted to see who is brewing and what everyone is brewing. I will not brewing this weekend because of other plans : (

I will probably brew next weekend but not sure what yet.....

Our club, the Tennessee Valley Homebrewers, is having our annual Cumberland Kegger Competition tomorrow in Crossville, TN. At this event, our hosts have a kettle that holds over 100 gallons. We all pitch in and mash in many small batches as much grain as we have ingredients for and make a huge batch of beer. This year, it's 90 gallons of Rauchbier. Then we split it up after cooling and everyone takes home 5 gallons.

If anyone is within driving distance of Crossville, TN, you are more than welcome to come out. It's always a good time. Drop me an e-mail or IM me on AOL before 5:00 today.

Prosit,

No brewing for me this weekend. I may do some consuming though. I tried some of my newer beers last night. MMMMmmmmmmm. Chocolate Porter... Bass clone... IPA..... tasty.

Realistically, I won't be able to brew for another two weekends, and then I'll be doing the two batches mentioned in my sig as "next up."

t1master said:
i brew nothing untill i bottle the 15 gallons i've been meaning to bottle for a month.... :D

In my brew room alone I have 6 batches bottled, 2 in the primaries and one in a secondary.

I could do a couple more this weekend....still plenty of equipment and bottles/kegs left to fill.

homebrewer_99 said:
In my brew room alone I have 6 batches bottled, 2 in the primaries and one in a secondary.

I could do a couple more this weekend....still plenty of equipment and bottles/kegs left to fill.

I'm brewing a Strawberry Blonde for summer quaffing. This is the second time I'll be adding something different than barley, hops and yeast, and lets just say I hope it turns out better than my Vanilla Stout. :D

i still have a six gallon carboy empty and plenty of bottles for all the batches. what i lack is the motiviation...

mainly cause i have two batches bottled and aged enough to drink. which i will drink then be kicking my self cause i have to wait additional weeks whilst i bottle what i should have bottled already...

if i bottled now, i'd get a head start on my drinking a month or two down the line.

plus i need to get the stout out of the primary... it has been ten days.. bad, bad homebrewer :lol:

i have real life (according to my lovely bride) stuff to take care of too, like the number we're doing on the drive with the sludge hammers and pick axes :)

Born Brewing Co. will be brewing Wiezenbier tonight pitching White Labs Hefewiezen yeast. Currently have a Red Ale in secondary that will be ready for bottling in 7-10. Have a great weekend! :cool:

I just made my starter for the Strawberry Blonde.

Took a trip to the HBS today and got 50 bucks worth of supplies....My jeep smelled heavenly all the way home....that made up for the 30 minute traffic jam....

Brew day is in 12 hours!!!!

this is my first post guys so i just want to say hi. we have been brewing a batch every friday for the past month or so, today we are going to take a shot at a christmas sweet stout. this will be our first batch using special ingredients (vanilla beans, and nutmeg). we are winging it this week because we dont realy have the recpie made up yet :D . well its about time to head out to our local homebrew shop to get all the stuff we need. wish us luck, ill let everyone know how it turns out.

any advise on when we should add the beans? i was thinking about using 2 whole vanilla beans for the whole boil, then adding some vanilla extract when it goes into the secondary to get the flavor right.

thanks for any help =P

ohh and btw we just bottled our first "BIG BEER" we are calling it Street Fighter Ale. :D OG 1.091; FG 1.030!

I'm doing a Rogue Mocha Porter clone (kit Austin homebrew) at the Holy Cannoli Pizzaria for "Teach a Friend How to Homwbrew Day". Next weekend, I'll do a second kit, but change the yeast.

Ed_Savage said:
I'm planning a Rogue Dead Guy Ale clone for this Saturday or Sunday.
What recipe are you planning on using? I was in Portland a couple of weeks ago and had a couple of Dead Guy Ales. I think the name of the bar was Rogue bar...Does that sound right? That was some great stuff. I'd love to make a clone of that.

I was trying to squeeze in a batch tomorrow but it does not look like I am going to, I need to spend some wrench time on the Mazdas. However, I will be picking up a sack of wheat and poppet valves for one of my kegs. Then on Wed. I will do some work on my mash tun. I had bought a 22qt stainless kettle, added a ball valve and made a false bottom from a perforated sheet of stainless. I got the sheet of stainless for free but the prefab holes were 1/4" which were too big. Now I am going to cut a bottom from a solid sheet (which was also free) and cut 1/8" slits with an angle grinder. After I tweek my new mash tun it will be wiezen season.

4 Nov 05: I'm planning on some sort of wheat tomorrow, but right now I'm making a Cascade Hop Tea for a Helles Bock I'm brewing.

I've got 1/2 gal of water and a 1/2 oz Cascade hops (7AA) that I'm boiling for 1 hour (for bitterness) then I'm going to add to the Bock that I just racked to the secondary that is still slightly sweet. I used 2 oz Hallertau that apparently was not enough.

It'll concentrate when l lose some water in the boiling process. After it cools I'll add some to the secondary a little at a time to try to balance the sweetness/hop ratio.

Basically, I don't have time to find some hop extract so I'm making my own.

I really like experimenting. I'll keep you informed of my progress.

EDIT: I ended up with 4 cups of Hop Tea. I added 3 C to the secondary and sloshed it around a bit.

I'll recheck the flavor in the morning.

timdsmith72 said:
What recipe are you planning on using? I was in Portland a couple of weeks ago and had a couple of Dead Guy Ales. I think the name of the bar was Rogue bar...Does that sound right? That was some great stuff. I'd love to make a clone of that.

There is a clone that Denny Conn did here.

This weekend, I'm attempting my Fin du Monde Clone!

I am hoping to start a new batch tomorrow. I will have to see how my second attempt at a start goes (made it tonight). If all goes well, I will be brewing my hook & ladder red ale tomorrow!

Wish I had a sweet set up to brew outside in the georgous fall weather!

Not brewing but I'll be disassembling a couple corney kegs to replace seals and such before I wash and sanitize them.

Made my Hoegaarden clone on Tuesday (played Hooky for a job interview) so I'm not brewing this weekend - just drinking.

My next will probably be a remake of the Caramel Vanilla. I want to make beer to give out as holiday presents to my co-workers and I think that two 22ozers of the C-V will make MANY people happy. They're all dying to try it. I gave a friend a bottle and I'm looking forward to his review, plus the reviews of a couple of beer-lovin' friends who can appreciate and critically review a good beer.

i will be brewing today, a small beer i think with loads of hops! i'll be making a hop tea. here the recipe that i'll be using:

6lbs of Pale Malt Syrup
0.75 lbs. Dingemans Caramel Pils
0.25 lbs. Briess Caramel 120 these 2 grains will be mixed and then split in have to make 2 half pound bags, only 1 half pound bag will be used)

1 oz of Yakima Magnum hops aau 14.4%(60 mins)
1 oz Northern Brewer (Leaf) aau 9%(30 mins)
1/2 oz centennial hops aau 8.5%(15mins)
1/2 oz liberty hops aau 3.6%(5 mins)
1/2 oz Cascade hops aau 5.7%(5 mins)

some dry ale yeast i got from a friend.

steep grains in cold water until water heats up to 170 degrees, remove. turn heat up for first boil. in second pot start brewing hop tea. once hot break hits continue to boil and add hops to tea at the perscribed times. at end of boil add hops tea strained through fine mesh strainer. cool wort and to primary and pitch starter.

starter will be made with water dry yeast and brown sugar.

any ideas or mods to the recipe will be welcome. its a kit for the double ipa i was gonna brew but i'm spliting the kit in half to make 2 batches of beer.

what are your thoughts oh great brewers of the world????

I'm brewing a Hefe Weizen today. I pitched my yeast starter yesterday and it's taking off a bit slow but showing signs of hope this morning. I should be ready by this evening so I'll start a little later in the day.

I've got a batch of Bitter in the primary that I thought would be ready to rack over today but It's still got some foam on top. It's not really krausen more like a beer head. This is the first time I've used WLP023 Burton ale yeast. It's been going like gangbusters for a full 7 days now. Just starting to slow down. This has suprised me as my OG was only 1.038.

Thankfully, I've got another 6.5 gallon carboy to start the Weizen in.

david_42 said:
I'm doing a Rogue Mocha Porter clone (kit Austin homebrew) at the Holy Cannoli Pizzaria for "Teach a Friend How to Homwbrew Day". Next weekend, I'll do a second kit, but change the yeast.

Are you snagging some Pacman? I'm thinking about picking up a couple of RMP's today since they allegedly have viable Pacman in them.

I'm getting ready to get a starter going for my APA that I posted in the recipe section relatively recently. My hops came from Freshops yesterday right on schedule, and I'm racking my ESB to secondary, so I should have everything except the simple grain bill. It's meant to be a clone of New River Brewing's Pale Ale:

http://www.newriverbrewing.com/brews.html

Back