Who here enjoys a good hot toddy?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mcbobs

Reaction score
One of very few traditions I have is to have a hot toddy when brewing up a batch of beer. I love it because it's always something new with each grain bill and I usually try to change up the bourbon/whiskey that I use.

Yesterday, I was brewing up a 10 gallon batch of a Tart of Darkness clone and had myself a nice warm hot toddy with some Buffalo Trace. Maybe it was the splendid combo of warm wort and whiskey or maybe just the warm liquid in my stomach on a very chilly day. In either case, I truly enjoyed it immensely!

Who else enjoys a good hot toddy on brew day? Any superb combos that stands out to you?

I tend to use them for warming up after shovelling the driveway, playing in the snow or when I am feeling sick and want to get better. A strong hot toddy and straight to bed makes me feel much better in the morning. Have had a hot scotchie (wort and scotch) a few times during the boil though and that is darn tasty.

Back